475 Granted in under 6months

Denise

Cannot quite believe I am writing this today, completely out of the blue, our agent called this morning to tell us the news that our visa had been granted. :laughxmas:

We didnt even know our meds had been added!! What a total surprise.

Needless to say we are completely shocked but relieved seen as though our flights were already booked for next year.

Champers tonight, OH MY GOD, its really happening.

(So Sorry Alexis, you should have been before me but YOU WILL be next)

Less than 6months, FABULOUS .........

Denise

Guest Lulujim

:yesxmas::yesxmas::yesxmas: WOW!!!!! Am sooo pleased for you! You deserve it - it's all real now and is truly happening!! Hope you have a fab time celebrating, have one on us!

It'll be us soon and before you know it we'll all be in SA on the beach with th babies x

:emoticon-signxmas:

Wow Congratulations- that is great 6 months for 475 ! You must be so pleased especially with having your flights booked for June 09. Lovely present for Christmas. We fly in Feb 2009 and have been selling my house contents ! Just sold my suite today and the person will wait till Feb, it seems really strange selling everything and quite sad.

Enjoy your celebrations

XX

Delighted for you, hope you are really chuffed - gives all the rest of us some hope!! Anything you did that you think swung it so early??

Pies

Thanks for that, can't think of anything we did, this was completely unexpected. The only thing we did do was completely go against the advice of our agent! She said not to book flights (we did last June) and not to do our medicals until asked, (we did them in October as I am impatient)

Feeling very lucky but definatley feeling like we jumped the queue somewhat :wideyedxmas:

Hello Denise, What is the next step now? Do you get a letter from Immigration confirming the visa? Or do you just send the passport to the Embassy in London and they know that you got the visa? How does it work?

Thanks for that, can't think of anything we did, this was completely unexpected. The only thing we did do was completely go against the advice of our agent! She said not to book flights (we did last June) and not to do our medicals until asked, (we did them in October as I am impatient)

Feeling very lucky but definatley feeling like we jumped the queue somewhat :wideyedxmas:

Good on ya!! And I wouldn't feel anything other than chuffed!! :biggrinxmas:

Hello Denise, What is the next step now? Do you get a letter from Immigration confirming the visa? Or do you just send the passport to the Embassy in London and they know that you got the visa? How does it work?

We should be getting a letter today from TEGL requesting our passports, then its just a case of sending them off to them, they will pass on to 'whoever'?? ( I really should find out these things but thats what I pay them for!)

Then we get them back and we can go !! Ha Ha, what I'm really saying is I have no idea.

Guest HelenAndSiggi
I bet! Any more news from your agent? It seems crazy how there is no system at the DIAC and they are processing bery randomly...

I am afraid there are no news and still no CO.

I check the application status every morning - nothing

I have asked the agent again and again - they haven't come back to us as usually

I have called the ASPC - they say the agent can contact us in 4-6 weeks for an update

The crazy thing is that we could immigrate to Oz tomorrow, no house to sell, just lost my job due to redundancy.

Well, the visa will (must) come soon. :emoticon-signxmas:

I am afraid there are no news and still no CO.

I check the application status every morning - nothing

I have asked the agent again and again - they haven't come back to us as usually

I have called the ASPC - they say the agent can contact us in 4-6 weeks for an update

The crazy thing is that we could immigrate to Oz tomorrow, no house to sell, just lost my job due to redundancy.

Well, the visa will (must) come soon. :emoticon-signxmas:

I really hope so, there are so many of you that should have yours by now, there really is no real order happening with these 475's. Of course I am totally relieved we have ours but really feel for those of you before me.

Fingers crossed

Guest familygood

Congratulations!!!! Only just read your post. Wow thats unbelievable. Maybe we could all be there sooner than we think!! Hope you enjoyed celebrating - this is great news. And the recent news from the Govt is great too!! Happy days. xxx