visa evidenced in passport

soccer65

Hi all, just want to pick your brains on the subject on visa evidence.As yet we have not bothered to have our passport stamped with our visa granted (SUBCLASS 457) because are confirmation email says we can travel without our visa stamped on our passport as long as we go to a office for the department within four weeks of our arrival in Adelaide and get our passport stamped with our visa details.

Any advice would be helpful.

Cheers Steven :goofy:

Guest happy feet

Hi Steven,

I am also going on the 457 visa, and i was also told that i didn't need to sent it in, however i emailed them and they told me at Australian house that i should sent it in ASAP...I couldn't send it till just before xmas as i needed it for a trip to Dublin, so i sent it just before xmas and fly out on the 5th feb so hoping i get them back in time...Hope this helps

cara

Hi Steven. Another 1 here going on the 457. Mine said the same so i phoned them up and they said i didn't have to have the visa evidenced in my passport but if i wanted to i can as it will be one less thing to worry about when i get there. I am planning on sending it special delivery on Monday so hope it will be back by the 12th Feb.

Hi Steven, lm also going on a 457 and was instructed to have it evidenced in the passports. I sent the passports on a Monday next day delivery and got them back on Friday the same week.

Patra

Guest happy feet
Hi all, just want to pick your brains on the subject on visa evidence.As yet we have not bothered to have our passport stamped with our visa granted (SUBCLASS 457) because are confirmation email says we can travel without our visa stamped on our passport as long as we go to a office for the department within four weeks of our arrival in Adelaide and get our passport stamped with our visa details.

Any advice would be helpful.

Cheers Steven :goofy:

Hi steven

Sent mine as i said 22nd dec and recieved them back to-day, not bad considering they were closed over the xmas and new year period. Just the waiting left know and packing.....

cara

Guest Melian

We've just received our 457 visa back this morning and I've been told I have to go to Australia house to get my wife and two son's passports evidenced. Thanks to this post I think I'll now be posting them if they can get them back to me pretty quick (Due to start work in Adelaide 27th Jan).

Guest barefoot

I have just been informed that I have got my 475 visa by my immigration agent (SteppingStone [they are fab]) that there is no need to carry a paper copy and it is all linked to your passport number and your passport would be scanned electronically at immigration.

Saying that Iw ould be carrying a printout of the emailed visa just incase

26_11_14.gif Hey guys.

Just thought I'd let you know i sent my passports of on Monday 5th to get my visa evidenced in them and would you believe got them back today (7th). Certainly didn't expect it to be that quick so it's definitely worth doing before going even if you don't have to.

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb096&pp=ZJxdm314YYGB

I have just been informed that I have got my 475 visa by my immigration agent (SteppingStone [they are fab]) that there is no need to carry a paper copy and it is all linked to your passport number and your passport would be scanned electronically at immigration.

Saying that Iw ould be carrying a printout of the emailed visa just incase

Hi Leigh,

Just curious how long it took you to get 475 through from application to grant?

Pies

Guest barefoot
Hi Leigh,

Just curious how long it took you to get 475 through from application to grant?

Pies

Hi Pies

Job offered 22nd of December, 475 granted 5th of Jan, though my 475 was all arranged through my employer via an immigration agent and email.

Judging by other members experience I would'nt take this as typical, I suppose it depends on the needs of your employer

:-)

Guest sam2500

hi steve, visa457 you can travel to australia without the visa label ,just your passports and your grant number which is unique number assigned to your passport . wthin four weeks of your arrival you take your passport to the immigration department to have those visa labels entered david