A Place in the Sun: Down Under

Guest lynne

Guest Django
Hi yes def be watching that tonight next week their in Adelaidexx Happy New Year Everyone!!

Hmmmm yeah some dodgy couple. I'd give it a miss.;):biglaugh::biglaugh:

Pete

Guest Lulujim
Hmmmm yeah some dodgy couple. I'd give it a miss.;)

Pete

:biglaugh: Yes - everyone should give it a miss I think.

Feeling a bit nervy now - should I put a post entitled:

I'm on PIA - don't slag me off - please!!?? :unsure::unsure:

Hey, you have nothing to worry about after that geezer that was on last nights! As discussed, what a snob.

Guest gilmoresoz

Having been filmed and involved in the show, I will definitely be watching my screen debut with a heavily pregnant Amanda Lamb.

Darren, The Mens Room, 89 Hindley Street

Tel: 8221 6228

(check out my recommendations)

Happy New Year:)

Guest Lulujim
Hi Alexis

Did I read somewhere that you are originally from Grimsby or I have I completely dreamt this up?

Tina x

Hi! No you're right - I'm from Lincoln originally (my family all live there) but was in Grimsby for a year until Oct/Nov last year. Are you from there too?! Small world - we prob know some of the same people knowing Grimsby!!!! :unsure:

Hi

I'm not going completely mad then! Look forward to seeing you on TV on Fri see if I know you! I have been away now for 20 yrs, but just spent Xmas in New Waltham with my mum & dad who are still there, my sister is in Cleethorpes. Living in Watford, Herts now and just lodged our 176 application at the beginning of Dec 08, so hope to be on the other side by the end of 09!!!

Good luck with your debut!!!

Tina x

Guest Avastar

Well we really enjoyed last night's show - soooo exciting to see Adelaide looking so wonderful!

We arrive in Adelaide on Sunday next week, and we've never even been to Oz let alone Adelaide itself!!

LuluJim, everything you said about the work/life balance is exactly what we're after too.

And your comment about wanting to live somewhere the kids are able to play outside for half an hour - well we howled at that one - we know exactly what you mean! We have 2 little ones and live near Newcastle now and they're stuck inside for soooo much of the year!!

Thanks for taking part in the programme - bring on Adelaide :jiggy::jiggy::jiggy:

Adelaide looked fantastic - my wife and i sat there going "ooh look we went there" and "ooh that's where we had lunch" and "ooh i saw that house on the internet" and all that sort of stuff. Our newborn baby even woke up from a sleep to watch. It's a sign, surely!

I agree, Friday night TV has never been better!! Hee Hee, well done Alexis and James you were fab, and funny, TRICKY TRICKY, and you don't sound like lady Di!!!

Adelaide looks fantastic, so excited now and glad to see some of the places we want to live on there too.

Might watch it again on repeat.

Guest karenuk

hi alexis and family

I to saw the programme last night and thought you were a lovely family.

Sorry that you lost that georgoeus home though.

When are you looking to go to Adelaide?,we have to activate our visa by April but like many others at the moment cant sell the house and we need the money from the house sale to start off over there,so looks like we will not be going:sad:

we did a reccie last year and watching the show brought back happy memories:D

good luck with everything

karen,

Guest Kathy and Will

Just saw you guys on telly! You both totally seem lovely people - less fussy than the melbourne one the week before! We are moving to Adelaide in may and are building in Sellicks Beach at the moment. So are you planning to move to Adelaide then now you got visa granted?

Kathy

Guest sam2500

Hi Alexis and Jim,

Thought you were great on the programme last night.

How long ago was it filmed?

What a gorgeous house, bet you were gutted to have to let it go ?

We are going to Glenelg on the 25th February, but only able to rent as on temp visa and no sign of selling our house here.

We waited ages to see the programme, sat down, with vino, and then some youths passing threw a large stone at our front window and my OH was then chasing them around the area so missed some of it.:realmad:

We live in a nice part of Manchester, but just strengthened our resolve to go, even more!

Hope you have some luck soon,

Take care,

David Sue and Sam:)

Sam2500,

You said" We live in a nice part of Manchester"

Were are you we are in Gee Cross, Hyde.

Its interesting to see quite a few localish people going to Adelaide.

Sorry back to the post...

The show was very interesting but can you help me?

One of the comments that made my ears prick up was,

"You can get your visa quicker if you have put an offer in on a house".

I do not think this is true but some of you might be able to shed some light on this?

Thanks Rob and Mel

Guest Dave & Carole

We too enjoyed watching it. Like everyone else has commented - you had nothing to worry about - you came across as a lovely family. It seems we are all moving for the same reasons.We loved the house & even had a look at flagstaff hill on realestate today!! Its the whole thing of living your life in the locality you want, but also loving your house - as you said "tricky".

Would be interested to hear reply re: speeding up visa if you put offer in on a house

Good luck with your move

Carole

Guest sam2500
Sam2500,

You said" We live in a nice part of Manchester"

Were are you we are in Gee Cross, Hyde.

Its interesting to see quite a few localish people going to Adelaide.

Sorry back to the post...

The show was very interesting but can you help me?

One of the comments that made my ears prick up was,

"You can get your visa quicker if you have put an offer in on a house".

I do not think this is true but some of you might be able to shed some light on this?

Thanks Rob and Mel

hi rob and mel worsley (we will pm you later) going 25/2/2008 :D

Guest Lulujim

Hi!

Thanks so much to everyone who has replied and been so nice - made my day :jiggy: and now I can sleep again - :biglaugh:

We loved filming and the crew and Amanda were so nice to us - it was fab.

I don't think it's true about speeding up the visa... after putting in the offer we called the Estate Agents and they thought that if we called DIAC and explained we'd bought a house that it would help - however DIAC couldn't give a fig! A job is one thing - but a house???

Without the visa you would be buying as an Investment Buyer and would still need FIRB approval. This was too much risk for us unfortunately - no visa and no job contract signed..

Tricky Tricky :biglaugh::biglaugh: x x

Hi Alexis & James

Really enjoyed the show, all looks great! Just had a call from my mum in New Waltham to say that she worked with James at Humberston Country Club, her name is Theresa, she is Irish and just did a bit of casual waitressing at functions.

Small world eh!!! She said he was very nice, by the way!!

Hopefully see you on the other side later in the year.

Tinax

Hi!

Thanks so much to everyone who has replied and been so nice - made my day :jiggy: and now I can sleep again - :biglaugh:

We loved filming and the crew and Amanda were so nice to us - it was fab.

I don't think it's true about speeding up the visa... after putting in the offer we called the Estate Agents and they thought that if we called DIAC and explained we'd bought a house that it would help - however DIAC couldn't give a fig! A job is one thing - but a house???

Without the visa you would be buying as an Investment Buyer and would still need FIRB approval. This was too much risk for us unfortunately - no visa and no job contract signed..

Tricky Tricky :biglaugh::biglaugh: x x