Info request please guys.....
sorry its been a while since i last posted.
I was wondering if anybody could answer our question. My wife has been applying for the past two years to start her midwife training but has been unsuccessful, so we started application process and went with go matilda. Once we had sent off our first installment, my wife was contacted by a university here and was offered a place on a 3 year degree midwifery programme (sods law).
What i am looking for answers to is, if we continued with our visa process how long if granted do we have to have visas authorised, or would it be best to stop application and wait for her to qualify. I am a nurse and i know that it would be best if we went with two careers as opposed to one, and midwifery has always been Angies dream career. Sorry to off load like this but some advice would be great.
We are both really excited about her course but at the same time a 3 yr wait.:o
Thanks in advance
Jim, angie and lads
what a dilemma to be in! like you said sods law that she has been offer the course now!i guess only you can answer as to whether or not to say here & do the midwifery course - everything happens for a reason!!!:) not sure about courses over there but maybe worth checking? sorry cant be of more help steph x
hi , i don't know if you have looked but my freind in adelaide works at flinders teaching hospitals and their site is really good and it tells you all about the courses available, hope this helps
Whichever visa you went for you would need to 'validate' it within 12 months of the date of your medicals/police checks. If you are on an SIR visa you would then have a 3 year countdown to fulfill the terms of the visa to apply for PR. If you are on a permanent visa you could have a holiday in OZ then go back to complete the course before moving as you have up to 5 years to take up residence from date of visa.
Originally Posted by hopefulnurse
Good luck with your decisicion - also the fees here would vary if on a temp visa so worth looking into as well. :)
Go Matilda did inform us the same as what Lisa has wrote in the last post, we are planning on getting visa and going within the 12 months but know that if house doesn't sell or something else crops up we can go on a reccie and then have the 5 years to get there, that is on a PR visa though. Also, all people on the visa have to go to get it validated, not just one person as we originally hoped - would have been a lot cheaper!!!