state sponsorship

Guest weegogs

Guest weegogs

hi

can anyone tell me whats required for state sponsirship as i've been knocked back for sa sponsorship the reason given was (not enought research and commitment in sa)i thought i had written enough about adelaide ie climate,house prices,vineyards,city of churches,20 min city,schooling and sports etc, thanks in advance for any replys

Guest familygood

Hello

Sorry to hear about your knock back! Thats terrible for you. We did lots of research on jobs/rentals etc over a three month period. I cant say if this is enough though as we are still waiting to hear back. I am hoping it is.. How long did it take for them to get back to you? We have been waiting almost 5 weeks now.

Best of luck if you try again.

Emma

Really sorry to hear that. We put in for ours about 6 weeks ago and still waiting although our agent said it will be on a go slow due to Christmas.

We also mentioned about research into schools, all SA govt websites, we sent for documentation on jobs/ area etc for peole looking at emigrating. We also mentioned the magazines we hd subscribed to and th earticles we had read there. I also mentioned Ihad joined the various asociations for my profession (librarian). We also mentioned all recruitment agencies we had found and registered with.

I hope this helps a little. :unsure:

I am on tenterhooks waiting to hear - it is so stressful

Lisa

Guest BAZnDAF
hi

can anyone tell me whats required for state sponsirship as i've been knocked back for sa sponsorship the reason given was (not enought research and commitment in sa)i thought i had written enough about adelaide ie climate,house prices,vineyards,city of churches,20 min city,schooling and sports etc, thanks in advance for any replys

Don't you think that the reason given is a cop out!!! How much commitment and research is enough? where are the guidlines? sounds like they use this a lot on people. Yur willing to risk everything on a new life and they say not enough commitment!!!

LOL

Guest familygood

Yes this worries me too! How can you know if you hae done enough? They can say anything.. Do you know if your profession is on the new skills list? Would be interesting to see if they are whittling down the old applicants this way!! I cant open the link to the new list of skills on the SA migration site - does anyone have it?

Thanks

Sorry to hear your troubles.

We mentioned all kinds of things from the newspapers and websites Ken had been looking at for jobs (and quoted dates of adverts) to the names of agencies contacted. We mentioned the different kinds of places he was likely to be looking at for work - also his options for other work should he not find anything painting & decorating (including sending me out to work!) We mentioned the areas we'd looked at and the schools in those areas. We also mentioned the swimming clubs we'd been looking into for our girls (who swim for our local club) so that the move could go smoothly for them.

We said that we'd not be looking at the city centre (as we don't live in a city now) but rather on the outskirts - the big city lights are within striking distance if we want them, just as we are now.

Can't remember now what else we said, but whatever it was it worked.

Wendy

hi

I sent them a concise essay on SA plus all the research I had done on jobs, information etc. Main thing was why we saw SA as a place to move to and stay.

Ended up as a two-page excel spreadsheet with a bucket of web addresses, descriptions of the websites, phone numbers, the lot.

I got sponsorship in 2 weeks.

Took about 5 days of evenings to complete, serves as a ready reckoner for when we get the email - 475s look as though they are going to be given priority because of state sponsorship - what has in the past been seen as a small hurdle to overcome prior to the main push of getting a visa has turned out to be quite (actually crucially) important, so worthwhile putting time in.....if anyone needs help, PM me.

Pies

Yes this worries me too! How can you know if you hae done enough? They can say anything.. Do you know if your profession is on the new skills list? Would be interesting to see if they are whittling down the old applicants this way!!

Good point about how competitive this is going to become: because it gives you accelerated processing, expect the standards to rise of the applications they will take - all the more reason to go for it in a big way!!

Links from the new Immigration SA website:

http://migration.sa.gov.au/public/download.jsp?id=2885 for provisional visas

http://migration.sa.gov.au/public/download.jsp?id=2884 for permanent visas

Pies

Guest weegogs
Hello

Sorry to hear about your knock back! Thats terrible for you. We did lots of research on jobs/rentals etc over a three month period. I cant say if this is enough though as we are still waiting to hear back. I am hoping it is.. How long did it take for them to get back to you? We have been waiting almost 5 weeks now.

Best of luck if you try again.

Emma

hi

it took about 4 weeks but that was before christmas,i believe its taking a little bit longer now,when you started the online form you would have received a reference number so you can track your application online,this will give you a date as to when you should here a decision. good luck

Guest weegogs
Don't you think that the reason given is a cop out!!! How much commitment and research is enough? where are the guidlines? sounds like they use this a lot on people. Yur willing to risk everything on a new life and they say not enough commitment!!!

LOL

yes i agree,since i got knocked back i,ve heard and read of loads of others who got knocked back for the very same reason

Guest weegogs
Yes this worries me too! How can you know if you hae done enough? They can say anything.. Do you know if your profession is on the new skills list? Would be interesting to see if they are whittling down the old applicants this way!! I cant open the link to the new list of skills on the SA migration site - does anyone have it?

Thanks

hi

i,ve checked the new list and my profession is on there so no problems on that count

regards

yes i agree,since i got knocked back i,ve heard and read of loads of others who got knocked back for the very same reason

Can you reapply?

This time, look at employment opps, pay rates for your occupation, the state and its history, lifestyle, how you would fit in, what you would need to do, resources that will help you when you arrive, initial activities you will need to engage in etc.

Pies

Guest weegogs
Can you reapply?

This time, look at employment opps, pay rates for your occupation, the state and its history, lifestyle, how you would fit in, what you would need to do, resources that will help you when you arrive, initial activities you will need to engage in etc.

Pies

hi

thanks for your reply,yes i can reapply and i beleive i can also appeal against the original decition,i'm going to give them a call next week and speak to them first,thanks to people like you i've now got a better understanding of whats required so i feel like there's a three page essay on everything thats great in sa coming up

Guest cornish Busdriver

G'day.

Sorry to be nosey, but what did you include in your essay and this is gonna sound silly but what type / size font and line spacing did you use.

I helped a friend with there essay and they got theres within a few weeks.

Its ok to mention alll the attractions and industrys but did you write about SA history and how SA's future is progressing, Did you write about how you see yourselfs intergating in to the system, culture and lifestyle here also how you would be contributing to the future of SA and how you see your future here.

It a case of suck-up and bull sh it baffles brains.

Can you re apply ?

Guest weegogs
G'day.

Sorry to be nosey, but what did you include in your essay and this is gonna sound silly but what type / size font and line spacing did you use.

I helped a friend with there essay and they got theres within a few weeks.

Its ok to mention alll the attractions and industrys but did you write about SA history and how SA's future is progressing, Did you write about how you see yourselfs intergating in to the system, culture and lifestyle here also how you would be contributing to the future of SA and how you see your future here.

It a case of suck-up and bull sh it baffles brains.

Can you re apply ?

thanks matt

i didn't write about sa history etc but you can bet your life i will be now,yes i can reapply but i'm going to give then a call next week as i can appeal against thier decision so i'm hoping i can email them a war and piece style essay on sa and then hopefully all's tickety boo,if not i'll have to reapply, either way i'm ddetermined to get it

Guest weegogs

hi everyone

thanks for all the help about what to include in my application for state sponsorship,as i said in an earlier post i phoned sa migration on sunday night and found them to be very helpful,i explained the reason i got knocked back,he suggested i expand a little more on why we chose sa over any other states then email it to his direct email address and he would look into aor application,low and behold we got an email this morning granting us state sponsorship,thanks again for all your help

regards

gordon

Guest Lulujim

Hi - We got our sponsorship last year - and it seems they must have tightened up on the requirements since then!!

I answered a few questions (these may have been given to me by my agent so tried to look them out to help you, but wrote directly on the form so don't have a copy I'm afraid.)

But my agent highly recommended printing off LOTS of email communication (sent and received) from schools, jobs for both of us, agencys, nurseries, estate agents,friends in adelaide etc etc...

If you have anything like this it would be worth including it too.

Good luck and Congrats all of you who have got your sponsorship! :D

hi everyone

thanks for all the help about what to include in my application for state sponsorship,as i said in an earlier post i phoned sa migration on sunday night and found them to be very helpful,i explained the reason i got knocked back,he suggested i expand a little more on why we chose sa over any other states then email it to his direct email address and he would look into aor application,low and behold we got an email this morning granting us state sponsorship,thanks again for all your help

regards

gordon

Nice one!! Better now than in a couple of months time.....!!