WOW! ASPC processing times - January 13th 2009

Guest Pies

Dear all,

Got this email from DIAC this morning, you can get it too by sending a blank email to

aspc.processing@immi.gov.au

ASPC APPLICATION ALLOCATION INFORMATION

On 17 December 2008 the Minister for Immigration and Citizenship announced

changes to the way General Skilled Migration applications will be allocated

and processed. Details can be found on the DIAC website at:

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/whats-new.htm#j

As a result of this announcement from 1 January 2009 applications for

General Skilled Migration will be strictly allocated and processed in the

following priority order:

1. Applications with a successful State & Territory Nomination (until

all applications have been allocated); and then

2. Applications where the nominated occupation is on the Critical

Skills List (until all applications have been allocated); then

3. Applications where the nominated occupation is on the Migration

Occupations in Demand List (until all applications have been allocated);

then

4. All other remaining applications

This affects all applications lodged before and after 1 January 2009, both

paper lodged or electronically lodged. Applications which were already

allocated to case officers before 1 January 2009 are un-affected and will

be processed as usual to finalisation.

Applications are now being allocated as follows:

State & Territory Nominated Applications:

Subclass 134, 136, 137, 175, 176, 475, 487, 495, 885 and 886 applications

(processed by the ASPC and where a successful State or Territory Nomination

is held) will all be allocated to case officers for assessment by 13

February 2009.

Applications with Occupations on the Critical Skills List:

Applications are not being allocated at present

Applications with Occupations on the Migration Occupations in Demand List:

All Other Remaining Applications

PROCESSING NEWS

BRISBANE

The BSPC is now processing the following eVisa Onshore General Skilled

Migration applications:

· Subclass 885, 886 and 487 lodged on or after 1 December 2007

· Subclass 485 lodged on or after 1 March 2008

· Subclass 887 lodged on or after 1 July 2008

Allocation dates and information regarding applications processed in

Brisbane can be obtained by sending a blank email to the following email

address:

gsmb.information@immi.gov.au

Yes, pies you are right , I got similar mail from DIAC and I also forwarded to PIA earlier, Now the good news is that atleast case officer will be allocated to us within 1 month that is by 13 Feb 2009.

My processing details are given below: , Where are you upto ?

----

Assessment received by ACS - 14th Mrach 2008

Positive Assessment Received . 9th May 2008

IELTS Test Date - 14th June 2008

IELTS Result card received - 25th June 2008

SA Sponsor ship Received 8th August

Application Lodge to DIAC -20th November 2008

Acknowledgment Received - 1st December 2008

Waiting for Case Officer to be Allocated ...

Vetassess and IELTs early 2008, South Australia sponsorship in April 2008 (2 week turnaround), 475 application later tha month, meds and police checks uploaded in December 2008.

Hopefully Adelaide in June to October 2009.

Just starting to sink in - thought 475s and other provisional visas might have been excluded from the list of accelerated processing, but not.

Just very happy - need to make a career decision tomorrow morning and this has made it sooooo much easier!!

Pies

Dear Pies,

Good Luck !

Do you have an idea that after CO allocation, how much time it will take in Police Clearance and Medicals and than How long it will take till one get visa ?

Did you get any reply from DIAC after you uploaded Medical and Police Clearance

On Which date of December You uploaded the stuff, I heard that After Police Clearance and Medicals it do not take more than 4 weeks to get the visa.

Is it true ?

Regards,

UM.

Regards,

UM.

Guest BAZnDAF

The other thing to note is :-

MEDICAL RESULTS

Please do not post your medical results to us. Do not open the sealed envelope or forward the results to the Department unless your case officer specifically requests they be sent.

And we have just had ours sent! oh dear, I hope they get round to the 175 Visa's soon.

Dear Pies,

Good Luck !

Do you have an idea that after CO allocation, how much time it will take in Police Clearance and Medicals and than How long it will take till one get visa ?

Did you get any reply from DIAC after you uploaded Medical and Police Clearance

On Which date of December You uploaded the stuff, I heard that After Police Clearance and Medicals it do not take more than 4 weeks to get the visa.

Is it true ?

Regards,

UM.

Hi Umar,

Meds are uploaded ond can be seen online in your status query - CO is allocated then PCs are looked at plus any additional info requested - any time your case is accessed it will read "application being processed further " and date it was touched.

CO allocation and time to visa seems variable - we shall all see quite quickly.....some people just get approved there and then - nothing to visa granted - others seem to take an age.

Pies

Guest vixpinkbabe

Oh my goodness, are they serious when they say:

February 2009.

?????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG, THIS IS AMAZING NEWS... HOW COME THEY'RE FLYING THROUGH THEM NOW??!!!!

Vicky xxxxxxxx

Oh my goodness, are they serious when they say:

February 2009.

?????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG, THIS IS AMAZING NEWS... HOW COME THEY'RE FLYING THROUGH THEM NOW??!!!!

Vicky xxxxxxxx

Hey Vicky,

Government announcement prior to Christmas is the key - you might want to think about PCs if not already done.......:D

Guest vixpinkbabe
Hey Vicky,

Government announcement prior to Christmas is the key - you might want to think about PCs if not already done.......:D

Hiya,

Posted them last Monday recorded delivery to ACRO, got them Tuesday so hopefully get them back soon. Also needed a Aus police check for boyf as he lived there for over a year, sent that 27th Dec but can take 30 days :(

Meds tomorrow.

You must be really excited about this news also! Although I am wondering... cos I got a processing times email 2 weeks ago saying they were up to 8th January 2008! So they've either recruiting a load of case officers, or we may be allocated one by February but in a queue of about 4000 applications! All very confusing xxx

:confused:Just read your posting and feel I am no nearer to getting the VISA.

We applied in September for a 175 visa and are doing it ourselves so we have no agent to ask about develepments. I spent a few hours yesterday on SA gov web sites looking for info and sending emails .Hopefully we will get some sort of reply .Any more info from youself would be appreciated.

cheers

Stevie (East Kilbride for now)

Think they are allocating every case officer onto specific lists to clear the backlog - really excited, but also recognise others are going to be put further back in their dreams - double-edged sword, I suppose! Just means our original timelines are now very realistic, as opposed to very variable.

OK, I am a tad more than really excited.....

Guest vixpinkbabe
Think they are allocating every case officer onto specific lists to clear the backlog - really excited, but also recognise others are going to be put further back in their dreams - double-edged sword, I suppose! Just means our original timelines are now very realistic, as opposed to very variable.

OK, I am a tad more than really excited.....

I know! I have been jumping around this house this morning when I read that! Seriously! What are we gonna be like when we get the actual visa??!!!!!! :) :)

Are we priority then? I'm state sponsored, but got it JUST in time, then my job came off the Sa sponsored list, not sure if this will affect it?

xx

I know! I have been jumping around this house this morning when I read that! Seriously! What are we gonna be like when we get the actual visa??!!!!!! :) :)

Are we priority then? I'm state sponsored, but got it JUST in time, then my job came off the Sa sponsored list, not sure if this will affect it?

xx

Same boat - jobs came off SA sponsored list cos we got sponsorship, so they have enough......

Hoping all is smooth and CO allocated by Feb 13th.

Good luck - sure we will all be posting soon enough...

Guest Allie Bloss

Hi all, this is the first I had heard of this & its taken a bit of getting my head round!!

:huh:

But can i just confirm that those with job or state sponsorship are, as of now, getting number 1 priority processing, then those on Critical Skills List, then those on the Skills in Demand List, then all others?

Sorry I know it probably is really straight forward & just me being dumb!!

If this is the case, I think I come in on the second priority as I do not have sponsorship of any kind but am applying for a 175 visa and work as a registered nurse, so I'm on the Critical Skills List. If this is the case does any body know when those on the CSL will be allocated CO's?

Allie. xx

Allie,

Following response was from Alan Collett, migration agent on Poms in Oz:

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/51287-aspc-processing-times-update-13th-jan-2009-a-4.html

"My hunch is that the ASPC will spend the next couple of months allocating and processing the State and Territory Sponsored 176 and 475 applications.

They will then move onto the applications with CSL applications - my expectation is that these will also be processed with a view to grant in this program year - subject to numbers.

In addition, I would expect the Department to be looking at statistics (number of visas granted to date versus the program total for the year to determine the number of remaining available grants, number of State Sponsored applications, number of CSL occupation applications, etc) and will be managing the skilled program so that it achieves the Minister's stated intentions, so he can announce the achieving of previously announced objectives after the end of the 2008/09 program year.

It is a somewhat thankless logistical problem for those managing the skilled program - I dare say that DIAC employees at the ASPC had the processes ticking along fairly comfortably before the Minister decided to get involved ... wink.gif

Best regards. "

Hope this helps - more on the thread!!