Nearly there now!

Guest ReadyPenny

Guest ReadyPenny

Hi Guys

Not been on for a while, have had a few problems over Christmas and New Year. However, we are still set to fly out on 23 Feb all being well. We can't book the flights just yet as the house completion has been delayed two weeks. Dont want to book them just in case the buyers pull out at the last minute.

The house has been completely cleared out of EVERYTHING that we are not shipping to Adelaide. I finished work at Christmas and am now officially a lady of leisure LOL.

I wish. Organising this lot is worse than working full time - give me back my job pleease! Luckily everything on the Sunny side is ready and waiting. Our rental in Eden Hills is ready for us and the landlord is having air con installed ready for our arrival, thank heavens. It is only a 2 bed unit, which we intend to stay in for 3 months as the rent is cheap, whilst we have a good look around and try to find a 3 bed, 2 bath with a pool. We have both got jobs to start shortly after our arrival, although Sean will start before me because I intend to have a holiday first!!! Anyway I can't work in the heat LOL.

The biggest thing we have yet to face is those dreaded goodbyes. We are not having any kind of farewell party and have insisted that nobody comes to the airport with us, because if they do, I might not get on the plane. Amber had a card today from one of her school class mates, saying good luck and that she will miss her, it was so lovely and made me cry so I can't even contemplate what it will be like when I have to say goodbye to my closest family.

Anyway, that's me for now. Am hoping to meet some of you after we arrive at some of the meets etc. I am generallly nosey and not being able to put faces to names drives me mad!!!

Looking forward to meeting you and to some warmer weather!

Mandy

Guest sam2500

Hi Mandy,

Happy new year to you all!

Wondered where you were, missed your pink car on here!

Like yourself had lots of problems, can't sell our house, still trying to rent, but flight re booked for 21st feb with 2 nights in Singapore, and against all odds are still going!

Everyday seem to hit a different issue, and today found out that one of our parents has a serious health problem.

Don't think we could have found it all any more difficult!

Our son age 8, has already gone in his head to Adelaide, and we know we would regret for ever if we didn't go now.

One year on, our sponsor's have waited patiently for my OH, to start his employment so sympathise with you completely.

Have PM'd you a couple of times, and just down the lancs from you !

Good luck to you all,

Maybe we will meet up on the other side ?

Sue David Sam.:)

Guest ReadyPenny

Hi Sue

Happy New Year!!

Glad to hear you are still sticking to the plans. Please stay in touch and we can meet up for a coffee or summat stronger on the other side in a few short weeks.

My beautiful pink baby, fondly known locally as "penelope" was stolen and crashed on Boxing Day night from the garage I had left it with over Christmas to carry out some repairs from when I bumped it in November. Total write off - am gutted. Was hoping to turn a few heads with it in Adelaide with the top down in the Autumn!!!!

Oh well it's only a car.

Whereabouts in Adelaide are you headed?

Mandy

Guest thebaddeleys

Good luck, I hope the goodbyes aren't too traumatic for you all!

We had family come to the airport and its was the saddest thing ever!

Hope you enjoy the sunshine when you get here, the weather will be HOT, HOT, HOT by then!

Takecare,

Kerry x

Guest sam2500

Hi Mandy,

Aw sorry to hear about that, bet you are gutted!

Like you say only a car, but YOUR car!

David, my hubbie, has job to start in Camden Park, and Sponsors live in Glenelg so going to fully furnish rent near there for a couple of weeks, looking likely to be Midway Apartments.

Will look for long term rental when sussed out the areas surrounding!

Not lucky enough to have had a reccie, just taking the big plunge straight off !

Can't believe the news we have had today, but still got to go.

We know we will still struggle to start, (no rose tinted glasses now ),but gut feeling tells us its right for our future - if only for the weather.

Would love to meet for a coffee, but think I am only going to survive after all of this on something stronger!

Watch out Barrossa Valley, here I come:D !

Take care,

Sue David Sam