Moving to SA... Help?
I am planning my move to SA and will do it on my own (for now)... really decided to take the SRS visa path because I think I may have just the points for it *cross fingers* VETASSESS gives me a positive assessment.
Anyway... I've made a Personal Plan - a list of things to accomplish... would anyone (especially if you've succesffully obtained your SRS visa) help to see if they're fine? Suggestions are most welcome!
1. Apply to get assessed with VETASSESS (6 weeks)
2. Take IELTS test (?? weeks)
3. Job references from company... (Boss will now know migration plans, because he/she will sign the references)
3. Wait for results from VETASSESS / IELTS.
4. Sell jewelery, PC, motorbike, dog, to raise AUD 25,000. Have Justice of Peace certify I have at least AUD 25,000 in assets / cash.
5. Lodge application online at http://www.migration.sa.gov.au/
6. Wait for results from Immigration SA (4 weeks)
7. Apply for Skilled – Regional Sponsored (Provisional) Visa (Subclass 475) with the DIAC
8. Feel AUD 2100+ lighter.
9. Wait for CO to be assigned.
Cant help with your Visa questions as I have no idea about your type of visa. Just wanted to say HI and Welcome to the site.
Good luck with your plans and the journey
I have a feeling the 475 is the new name (number?) for the old 495 SIR via - correct me if I'm wrong. Even if it isn't the same the steps are very similar.
Looking at your list, I'd say it's looks to be pretty complete...apart from the medicals. The IELTS test is also something you'll be wanting to book as soon as you can as your local test centre is likely to be booked solid, for months, unless you're lucky enough to get a cancellation.
Also, try to find a helpful JP/magistrate, as they're very useful for getting all the paper copies certified. Managed to find one who was working in the next office from me so it's definitely worthwhile asking around. Certified copies cost me a good bottle of wine ;-)
I am just wondering if a job reference is necessary... and how much would it help with the application for State Sponsorship?
I am afraid that my company would be wondering why I need a job reference, I'd be truthful anyway, but it just doesn't make myself look good that I am planning to migrate.
I used a migration agent and was told to get job references from every employere in my field - going back 10 years nearly! The references are definitely required at some stage.