Meds Question - advice please

Guest Lisado

Hi all

I am not sureif this has been asked before and I am having panic.:huh: When you receive state sponsorship and have 60 days to file for Visa, does this mean we have to have the meds done in this time, or can we do those after the 60 days. We booked ours for 6 March and I think that is cutting it very close to the 60 day deadline. We are sending police checks off tomorrow

Any help / advice greatly appreciated.

Lisa

You don't have to submit the meds and police check when you lodge the main visa. I've just lodged mine in December through our agent, and been told that to wait for 3-4 months before doing meds and police check.

Wijaya

Guest nikkip2009

u dont need 2 do ur meds yet dont do your meds until u have submitted ur main visa application as the meds only last a year. diac should make a request for them.

Guest vixpinkbabe
Thanks Everyone. We have submitted our final visa info and booked the Very expensive meds for 6 March.

Lisa

I did my medicals on Monday, now I have had to leave them at the medical centre as DIAC now dont want us to send them in advance! i.e we cant frontload anymore! Rules changed on 1st January 2009. This is correct isnt it? My agent seems to think so anyways. I'd double check before you do them, as it was a waste of time me doing them as they are sitting in the Birmingham surgery now until requested by DIAC :( xxxxx

Guest nikkip2009

well thats why we havent had ours done yet coz the agents dont know exactly time scales and prosessing times due to the changes being made on the 1st of January.

Guest brandyslad

So can meds defintely not be frontloaded now? I was enquiring about mine today, waiting on them to call me back. Maybe I should wait I know when I enquired a few months back they said they could take us quickly within a week or two.

Guest vixpinkbabe
So can meds defintely not be frontloaded now? I was enquiring about mine today, waiting on them to call me back. Maybe I should wait I know when I enquired a few months back they said they could take us quickly within a week or two.

I have no idea what's happening, but I got this from my agent on Monday:

"We’ll look forward to receiving your medical receipts and police clearances when you’re able to send them in. Please note that DIAC is now asking that people NOT send in their medicals before they’re requested. Therefore it would be best if you could please ask your panel doctor to hold on to your medical reports until they’re requested. Once they have been we’ll let you know and you can then ask him to send them on to DIAC for you. "

and also:

"As for frontloading the application, it can really only be fully frontloaded if the medicals are accepted and processed by the Health Operations Centre (HOC) in Sydney. However, given the recent changes to processing priorities frontloading may not have that much of an effect, as they appear to be processing applications in the order in which they were received. If we receive word that this has changed we’ll let you know so that your medical can be sent on to the HOC. "

Crazy! All a mess really xx But im praying they meet targets of 13th February! Bet the case officers all have bonus incentives! :)

Guest vixpinkbabe

Oh, have just found this on the ASPC processing times email:

MEDICAL RESULTS

Please do not post your medical results to us. Do not open the sealed

envelope or forward the results to the Department unless your case officer

specifically requests they be sent.

:( x

Guest vixpinkbabe
Our agent has now suggested we do ours with the processing times being shortened and priority to 475 - which is why we have booked ours now for 6 March - so confusing

Hiya,

Yes, part of me is really happy to have them done so I can send asap when I get a case officer. But another part thinks bit of a waste of time as I gain no advantage for having them done early and they are sitting in the medical surgery in Birmingham... I hope they dont get lost or go missing! :(

Really want 13th February to come ASAP xxxx xxxxxx

hi there

where abouts in Brum are you from? We lived in Edgbaston then Erdington for 10 years then moved back here to sunny Newcastle. We have to go to Carlisle for our meds which is over an hour away - such a pain in the jacksie!!!