Help with baggage allowance

Guest Mrs Dizzy Rascal

Guest Mrs Dizzy Rascal

HI CAN ANY ONE HELP ME WITH HOW MUCH BAGGAGE I CAN TAKE ,ALL THE QUOTES SO FAR I'VE HAD SAY I :wacko:CAN ONLY TAKE 20KG AS THATS THE AIRLINE POLICY, WE VALIDATED OUR VISAS LAST YEAR AND WAS SURE WE COULD TAKE 40KG AM I MISTAKEN PLEASE HELP.:chatterbox::biglaugh::goofy:

I think that this is correct I'm afraid, once you have validated the visa you tend to be only able to get the standard 20kg depending on the airline. I airfreighted 3 boxes weighing about 60kg in total for just under £300 with extra stuff we couldn't get on the plane, although we still don't have them a week later as they are stuck in customs but that is another story.

We flew with Singapore and we had already validated so we got the standard 20kg checked bags + 7kg small suitcase for hand luggage (which they let us check in for the first flight, not sure about the 2nd leg as we don't leave Singapore til tomorrow). They then let you bring an additional laptop bag or ladies handbag (I used a huge shoulder bag and they let me take it).