online visa application HELP

Guest soggy

Guest soggy

Hello all, hope someone can help me out on this one, got my TRA got my SA sponsorship and working on the online application form for a SIR495, i have not got trade qualifications just 21 years experience but the online form insists i need trade/post secondary qualifications and wont let me progress, says it is a basic requirement of the visa, it is the first i have heard this and it is not on the paper form, anyone have experience of this or do i have to start again on paper?

hopfully Simon:(:confused::confused:

Guest happy-jools

:mad:Cant help you out with the online form, but my hubby has applied and didnt have any trade certs of quals just 23 years experience the same as you.

As we had an agent do the forms on our behalf cant help you out with the online form. But you must be able to do it somehow. I hope this has reassured you that you can apply, but sorry I cant be of any further help with the actual form

Guest Aussiebound

Are you going alone or with an agent - you could always give an agent a ring and see if they'd give you a bit of advice. Sorry can't be more help, ours was a paper application.

Guest soggy

Thanks for your replies, I am just about to download and print the appliction form, at least i've had a practice first on the computer, it may take a week or two longer but being patient is something you have to get used to with this migration thing.

:)

Simon

Guest Aussiebound

Probably the best idea, better to get it right before you send it off, the 2 weeks extra time now are nothing compared to the delay if you sent the form in wrong!

Good Luck with the paper work, we have just returned ours to the agent. Didn't find it too bad compared to TRA.

Guest dglamoore

Our agent had this problem when she was doing our online application - I think she filled the space with something along the line of 'none - experience only' and also sent a letter explaining this with the documents that went with the application.

Lisa:cool:

Guest tiger fan

we used an agent who was really helpful. OH didnt have qualifications just experience like the rest of you. he was asked to write a detailed description of what he did in laymans terms. it was a bit of a nightmare but well worth it as it got us our visas.