Dentist?

Guest ReadyPenny

Guest ReadyPenny

Hi All

Can someone please tell me how dentistry works in Adelaide? Is there a scheme similar to Medicare for dental costs or is it simply pay as you go. Can you give me some idea of cost for check ups, clean and polish, fillings etc.

thanks a million

Mandy

Hi All

Can someone please tell me how dentistry works in Adelaide? Is there a scheme similar to Medicare for dental costs or is it simply pay as you go. Can you give me some idea of cost for check ups, clean and polish, fillings etc.

thanks a million

Mandy

Pay as you go, even for kids., although there is a childrens dentist that is done through the schools for free.

Each dentist charges differently. We have private health insurance which take the sting out of the bills. For a check up, clean and polish which takes nearly 45 mins - they are very thorough!!! Cost $111, but with the private cover comes down to $40. Fillings vary on the size of them. I had a filling removed and refilled with clear filling and then built up - in the dentists chair for over an hour - should have cost $250 - think it cost about $120. An absolute work of art - wish I could have all my teeth done like that. It is expensive but the standard of work is much much higher and much better quality. I have never missed a dentist visit in 42 years in the u.k - my dentist in oz was disgusted with the workmanship of the fillings in my mouth. One was done so badly I was in danger of the bone that attaches the tooth to it - of rotting away - even I could see it on the x-rays. Had to have 4 fillings removed and replaced. My teeth now look much healthier, they never bleed now and they are getting whiter as they are slowly starting to get healthy again.

Guest panther

I would suggest any tkae up health Insurance with health partners and use there own dentists, either in the CBD of gawler Place or Hutt Street and at Woodcroft. Had a Tooth extraced the other day and cost me $25.00 the Insurance covered the rest. Also in the coverage is Ambulance Cover very important i believe.

Budget Accommodation in Marino

Guest guest569

Please could you pm me some more info about your medical insurance.:wubclub:I am in the process of getting quotes at the moment and would be looking at getting a policy asap.:confused:

Hi there,

sorry to jump in on this thread but I also have a question about Dentists/Orthodontists.

At present I have a fixed brace and my treatment will not be finished by the time we arrive in June. Does anyone know how I would go about getting my treatment continued and is it going to be very expensive? :confused:

Thanks,

Mags

Just make sure you bring your dental records from the u.k, choose an orthodontist and he/she will take it from there.

Won't lie - it will cost - but the standard of treatment is much higher than the uk

No its not - however when we saw an nhs orthodontist in the uk 19 months ago - he said my daughters teeth weren't too bad - what he forgot to tell us was she still had 5 baby teeth in her mouth and there were no adult teeth coming through to replace them. X rays clearly showed this. She needs braces for 3 years and at least 1 implant - at least $11000 worth. Now I have to ask myself why was this missed in the uk?