• Results 1 to 2 of 2
    Like Tree1Likes
    • 1 Post By The Flinns

    Thread: Birth cert issues

    1. #1

      Birth cert issues

      I don't expect anyone else knows about this issue but thought I'd try!
      I am a female to male transsexual that has been on hormones over a year and very happy living as my true self. In the uk I can apply for my birt cert to be changed, so it has male on it and my new name...But not until I've had a passport for 2 years...(this is to show that I am 100% sure this is a life long thing).

      Now if I apply with my old passport I'd need to show my deedpole name change..I'm not bothered about te powers that be knowing about my past but am worried they would just throw the application in the bin!

      I was also wondering how I'd find out if it had bcome law in Oz that trans people can apply for birth cert change? so at a later date I could change it.

      Anyway hope this all makes sense .


    2. #2

      Senior Member
      Join Date
      Jul 2008
      Sheidow Park
      184 times
      Hi Danny

      Have a look here as it covers most countries laws/views on sex change (including Australia): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legal_a...transsexualism

      0125dannydanny likes this.
      Howard, Maria, Jamie, & Sam.
      Howard Flinn - Mobile Bank Manager for ME Bank - www.mebank.com.au


    Copyright 2006 - 2015 Australia Migration Forums