Likelehood of 475 visa processed by 13th feb.

Guest Ozzie007

Guest Ozzie007

Hi,

I applied for a 475 visa in June 2008. Still no sign of a case officer. Having observed several websites, I think it is very optimistic that everyone will receive case officers by 13th Feb - which is now only 2 weeks away.

People are still waiting for case officers for Jan/feb march and April, so this means if they meet the target of 13th of feb they will basically sweep 9 months worth of visas in 2 weeks??

Guest vixpinkbabe

Hi,

I’m so glad you have raised this – they have 10 working days left, unless they are working weekends of course??!

Apparently new case officers have been recruited and also drafted in from other centres but I still can’t see it happening before 13th Feb!

Last week someone from April 08 for their 475, and yesterday someone from July 08 was granted, so I thought we were up to July… guess I was wrong L Gutted L

I’m wondering if they are processing them in order of lodgement or in order of skills… in which case I’ll be at the back of the queue as a “Organisations and Policy Analyst” L xxx

Guest Ozzie007

Hi Vix,

Yeah I noticed a few from May - July have received case officers, but judging from all the forums it seems the main bulk of people being asssigned case officers are only up to March / April max. Maybe we will be wrong and they will do the next 9 months worth in 2 weeks. However, this seems unlikely doesnt it? I guess we shouldnt moan as at least regional visas are actually moving now.. but the waiting is agonising!!

Guest vixpinkbabe

Yeah, I must admit I have got a lot worse since I heard about 13th Feb, it’s now agonising like you say! Every day I wake up hoping to have notification of a case officer and am ALWAYS disappointed! It’s that tiny chance that gets me out of bed in the morning! Always gutted by about 10am if my agent hasn’t called. I keep thinking “any day now”… but have been saying that since January 13th!

Have frontloaded the police checks and medicals yesterday… not sure how much difference that’ll make now as I reckon they have prioritised the order now anyways. And also, what happens to those that lodge NOW…? Or state sponsored that lodge even after Feb 13th when they’re allocating MODL?

I always thought “even if they’re a month late March 13th is still good” but now I don’t think I can wait until March! This is killing me!

Have you frontloaded? xxxx

Guest Ozzie007

Yeah I front loaded everything a few months ago. Yeah good point, I wonder what happens after 13th Feb if they have not allocated all applicants case officers? Will they ad on CSL or just carry on only processing regional?

Guest vixpinkbabe
Yeah I front loaded everything a few months ago. Yeah good point, I wonder what happens after 13th Feb if they have not allocated all applicants case officers? Will they ad on CSL or just carry on only processing regional?

I have no idea! Because they say they will not start MODL until all state sponsored are allocated apparently!

What I’m wondering is the definition of being “allocated to a case officer”… whether it means a case officer will have dealt with your application by Feb 13th, or if you will have been allocated to a specific case officer by Feb 13th but in queue of 1000 allocated to that case officer??!!! All a bit vague, I just know that since I heard on Jan 13th time has gone SO slowly. Keep hoping for 13th Feb to come around asap but I know I’ll only be disappointed L We’re so lucky to be the second category though. After employer-sponsored.

Reckon the case officers are working weekends? Surely they are doing overtime? That’s what most companies do when work needs done? Can’t be short of cash at £1000 per application! Pay them double for Saturdays and Sundays! They must have some HUGE bonis incentive to have them all done by 13th Feb! They better get their skates on! xx

Guest vixpinkbabe

Hey, did you see another couple got their visa today? 475,lodged in May 08. There was me thinking we were up to July 08 but obv not. July 08 got one yesterday tho.

Decided it's a total LOTTERY it must be!

xxxx

After 13th Feb you have grounds for a BIG appeal if you have no case officer and are state sponsored: DIAC have very publicly tied themselves to this deadline.

I know the waiting is hard - keep the faith, get the bubbly on ice so it is well chilled.....!!

Pies

Guest vixpinkbabe
After 13th Feb you have grounds for a BIG appeal if you have no case officer and are state sponsored: DIAC have very publicly tied themselves to this deadline.

I know the waiting is hard - keep the faith, get the bubbly on ice so it is well chilled.....!!

Pies

Hi Pies,

Where did you find out we can appeal? Or is that just what you think we'll be able to do? They MUST be working weekends, SURELY! xxx

Hi Guys,

We got ours last week. Don't know if it helped but the email notofication came through suspiciously soon after I sent an enquiry form in from the website. Why not give that a try. We had front loaded everything but didn't actually apply for the visa until Mid-Aug.

May be just lucky??

Good luck.

N

Hi Guys,

We got ours last week. Don't know if it helped but the email notofication came through suspiciously soon after I sent an enquiry form in from the website. Why not give that a try. We had front loaded everything but didn't actually apply for the visa until Mid-Aug.

May be just lucky??

Good luck.

N

Congrats!! Visa or case officer?

Pies

Wow that was lucky

Our agent has just lodged ours today and she has said we should receive a case officerwithin a couple of months with them pushing the 475s through. I know we wont get ours by 13 Feb but it still sounds promising for those of you who lodged a while back

FIngers crossed ;)

Lisa