State sponsorship,bank balance

Guest Mylady

:jiggy:Hi everyone

I just joined this forum and want to say how great it is to have a forum just on SA.Can someone please tell me if we need to have a certain amount of money in the bank before we apply for permanent spnsorship.We are saving as we go so dont have a whole lot at the moment,hubby is doing vetassess pracs on the 17th Feb and we were hoping to apply for sponsorship soon after if there are no rules in place about the amount of money we need to bring over.

Has anyone heard of the meet and greet service that SA provides,if so has anyone used it?

Thanks your replies will be greatly appreciated.

Mylady

Guest Team 'W'

Hi Mylady

I think it depends on the visa you are applying for. We got accepted last week for a 164 visa which basically give us the right to start up a business in South Australia. I have put on the table showing what funds you need, but as I say it may well be reliant on your visa. I'm sure someone will clarify the answer for you.

Family composition Minimum amount to transfer into the business in SA Additional amount for settlement Total

Principal Applicant $250,000 $30,000 $280,000

Principal Applicant

and Spouse $250,000 $50,000 $300,000

Principal Applicant,

Spouse

1, Child $250,000 $60,000 $310,000

Principal Applicant,

Spouse

2, Children $250,000 $65,000 $315,000

Principal Applicant,

Spouse

3, Children $250,000 $70,000 $320,000

*For each additional dependent child a further $5,000 is required.

The first figure is the investment level for a business. The second figure is the settlement money that they require you to have and the final figure is the sum total that you need.

Sorry, but the table didnt paste over properly so its ended up a bit messy!

:jiggy:Hi everyone

I just joined this forum and want to say how great it is to have a forum just on SA.Can someone please tell me if we need to have a certain amount of money in the bank before we apply for permanent spnsorship.We are saving as we go so dont have a whole lot at the moment,hubby is doing vetassess pracs on the 17th Feb and we were hoping to apply for sponsorship soon after if there are no rules in place about the amount of money we need to bring over.

Has anyone heard of the meet and greet service that SA provides,if so has anyone used it?

Thanks your replies will be greatly appreciated.

Mylady

Hi

You need a minimum of $25,000 for a single applicant and $5,000 for each additional applicant. $10,000 must be in cash/savings and I believe the rest can be assets eg house, car etc. Prior to submitting sponsorship you have to get a financial proforma signed by a bank official or JP but you don't have to prove funds to them. I think SA is the only state where you have to have funds prior to emigrating.

My oh is also taking his vettass on 16 Feb so fingers crossed for both of them.

Tracey

$250,000 for the principal applicant? I'm sure it was a lot less than that . We got our house valued and a copy of the mortgage and sent them in to show what equity we had in the house.

$250,000 for the principal applicant? I'm sure it was a lot less than that . We got our house valued and a copy of the mortgage and sent them in to show what equity we had in the house.

Hi

Sorry you've misunderstood it is $25,000 not $250,000 for first applicant. Boy $250k would have stopped a lot of people emigrating including ourselves.

Tracey

Guest covfan71
Hi

Sorry you've misunderstood it is $25,000 not $250,000 for first applicant. Boy $250k would have stopped a lot of people emigrating including ourselves.

Tracey

I think Nik didn't read the article correctly. It is $250,000 as originally quoted but that is on a business visa.

$25,000 for others

Guest covfan71
Hi

Tracey

I think Nick11 didn't read the article properly by Team W. It is $250,000 for a 164 visa but only $25,000 for the one you want