Skilled Regional Sponsored Visa subclass 475 (Designated Area Family Sponsored)

Guest Crazykids

Guest Crazykids

Hi,

Has anyone any experience with Skilled regional sponsored visa subclass 475 ( designated area family sponsored ). I have questioned migration agents and come up against a brick wall. I work in childcare so would like to think I could use my skill as it is on the skills list. My husbands uncle lives in Glenelg and is a permenant resident, he's an australian citizen. He lives in a designated area, so I would hope that he would be able to sponsor us? Does anyone out there think that this would be possible?

What are the requirements, do you have to live with them? Do you have to have a job offer before you arrive? Do you have to live and work in the same area as the family member? Any advice would be greatly appreciated and if anyone knows of a great agent with experience in this field that would just be fab.

Many thanks

Sarah :wacko:

Guest covfan71
Hi,

Has anyone any experience with Skilled regional sponsored visa subclass 475 ( designated area family sponsored ). I have questioned migration agents and come up against a brick wall. I work in childcare so would like to think I could use my skill as it is on the skills list. My husbands uncle lives in Glenelg and is a permenant resident, he's an australian citizen. He lives in a designated area, so I would hope that he would be able to sponsor us? Does anyone out there think that this would be possible?

What are the requirements, do you have to live with them? Do you have to have a job offer before you arrive? Do you have to live and work in the same area as the family member? Any advice would be greatly appreciated and if anyone knows of a great agent with experience in this field that would just be fab.

Many thanks

Sarah :wacko:

Hi there is a migtartion agent who posts on here frequently called Allan Collet. His e-mail is alan.collett@gomatilda.com. He is based in Australia and has an office in Southampton. He is helping us out with our Visa and sponsorship and is very helpful. Check out his website www.gomatilda.com.

Mark and Joanne

Guest Crazykids

Hi Mark & Joanne

Thanks for that i've had a quick look at the website..it does seem full of information, i'll definately have a better look once the little ones are in bed tonight. Thanks again.

Sarah

Hi

My husband and I are applying for a 475 family sponsored visa ourselves. You can be sponsored by a step relative/ half relative as well. They must live in a designated area. You do not need to live in the same state as your sponsor, only in a designated area. You need to score 100 points (25 of which are made up by your sponsor) and have your skills assessed. You do not need a job offer before you arrive but your sponsor has to sign a contract agreeing to give aid with financing and housing if needed as well as any childcare.

There is loads of info about this visa on the DIAC website. We are going with http://www.overseas-emigration.co.uk they have been very helpful in explaining everything to us, we had been to other consultants who were simply not interested before finally finding them.

Have been told that the process time is around 18 months from start to finish so we're going to have to be patient!

Good luck.

Gisi

If you have a skill that's required, can't you get state sponsorship? I'm not sure if an uncle can sponsor you - thought it had to be a direct relative (i.e. parent or child). Also, your family sponsor will need to prove they can support you (and your family) financially if you can't get work. State sponsorship is easy to get if you have the right qualifications etc

Hi

Please check this link out for eligible sponsors- uncles are included

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/475/eligibility-relative-sponsor.htm

also in terms of financial support the sponsor has to sign a contract to give support as required

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/475/obligations-sponsor.htm

I hope this helps