Visa granted 06.02.08 - 475!

Guest Emu

Guest Martin and Val

Already said Congratulations, but I've just had a thought!!

I've been watching the birds flying over the Garden today and now I will need to keep an eye out for an EMU!!!!!!;)

Guest Team 'W'

Congratulations! Hope everything works out for you and hope to see you out there later this year when HOPEFULLY we will arrive! Got SA sponsorship last week, now starts the DIAC form filling marathon........................

Best Wishes

• 2 weeks later...

HI all

thank u for your kind wishes, sorry for late reply but been busy booking flights, hotels, rental, etc. we managed to do most things in a few days but then we had done the research already. now just tie up some loose ends.

i was checking the visa status everyday and by 10am i was getting depressed as i had no call from agent. but as it turns out we found out before the agent did.

we did manage to take some time off, we left the UK mid Oct to travel a bit in Europe. all our stuff is in storage with the shipping company, ready to leave asap.

just to let u that i got really mixed reactions with friends and family, a bit sad, some people dont get it, how it is a big move and we doing this for the better (at least that is what we think at the moment). people are interested to know, dont ask questions, some say that we making a mistake etc, only a few bunch are happy for us.

good luck to u all, arriving beg of March - look out for the emu ;o)