Time given from getting a CO to sending meds and police checks

Guest familygood

Guest familygood

Hi

Just wondering how long they give you to get your meds done/police checks done after you get a Case officer? Do you need to fast track the police check or can you use the 10 day service? How long is the wait for getting a medical/chest xray done? I guess different from place to place but any estimates?

Thanks

Guest brandyslad

Our meds are booked for this Friday, there were able to take us within the week but this was the only day that suited the two of us when I booked nearly a fortnight ago. We get the X Ray done in the hospital then go down to the docs for the med on the same day.

The X ray is £57 and the medical is £141. This is in N.Ireland.

Guest familygood
Our meds are booked for this Friday, there were able to take us within the week but this was the only day that suited the two of us when I booked nearly a fortnight ago. We get the X Ray done in the hospital then go down to the docs for the med on the same day.

The X ray is £57 and the medical is £141. This is in N.Ireland.

Hello again!

We thought we had to wait to get the meds done and they would request them when we get a CO? Would like to get them done now - do you think thats ok?

Guest brandyslad
Hello again!

We thought we had to wait to get the meds done and they would request them when we get a CO? Would like to get them done now - do you think thats ok?

Hello again!! Yes we are going to go ahead and get them done now and out of the way. The time starts ticking it's a year from you get meds or police checks done but we hope to go by June time, visa permitting. I will be out of work by May and OH is already temporarily laid off and just doing a bit of part time work in a factory so we have nothing to lose work wise. With no small people to think about it is a bit easier with plans than a lot of people!! Plus we are going to rent the house rather than sell.