Just to let you know that I have a meeting with Federal MP Don Farrell's PA on Wednesday 25th February at 11am concerning immigration issues. After looking at the many emails, PMs and posts, some as far away as Melbourne, the main issues for discussion will be:
1. Being refused work on the basis of having a provisional visa and not PR, plus the great difficulty in finding work generally.
2. Issues concerning Medicare and the impact of Medicare not being provided on certain visas.
3. PR taking up to another 12 months to be granted(Why?) after the 2 year stay and employers not being willing to accept employment despite a bridging visa being obtained.
4. Being classed as an 'International Student' when you are married to an Australian citizen which means that the university fees are astronomical (my own issue).
5. Skills shortage profession qualifications being stamped by Australia (to gain particular visas) but then not being recognised as being comparable to Australian qualifications - leading to further study(as an international student at great cost). These courses could be shorter and cost less.
6. Job agency issues.
Plus anything else that is problematic that you would like me to bring up.
I am not asking anyone on PIA to agree with these statements/issues - if none of these affect you that's great.
If they do affect you but you accept that this is the Australian way and you are happy to abide by their rules, that's great too.
But for the many who have contacted me and told me your issues, I am happy to take them forward.
Please contact me by PM or email on: email@example.com if you would like privacy or post onto this thread if you are happy to be public and for me to print off the evidence for the MP.
Many thanks to everyone for their views, positive and otherwise so far.