Have I got a CO???

Guest brandyslad

Guest brandyslad

I have logged into my visa application for the 1st time to check status as I only lodged on the 21st January. And its says 'Application being processed further' - 09/02/09.

It says for birth cert, state nomination, passport photo and overseas qualification - Met.

Everything else is 'requested'. But there are things on there that I have attached such as my skills assessment that are 'requested' too. Bit confused... Haven't had any email.

Can anyone advise?

Guest brandyslad
Hi

I have the same thing! Does this mean they have just checked docs or do we haev case officers? How exciting!!!

I feel sick!!!! LOL, I know they said before the 13th but I never expected they would actually look at them. Is yours dated the 9th Feb??

Guest brandyslad
Wow, that's brilliant news! Bring on the medicals and police checks and you're in! :) xxxxxxxxxxx

It is so quick if I have got the CO, I remember when I started this we thought it would be over a year before we got the visa. Our police checks should be here in the next few days, they cashed the cheque last Thursday and our meds are booked for Friday. I need to push my friends for Stat Decs now and get them scanned in too.

Have you got a CO yet??

Guest brandyslad
Wow, so exciting for you now, seriously! You must be well chuffed :)

No case officer yet :( Keep thinkin any day now but never happens xxx

I will worry now about all my docs and if they are right esp about us being a de facto status couple and plus my OH has two minor convictions on his police record from years back. But yes I am pleased and shocked someone has looked at it so quickly. Seems more real now.

Fingers crossed yours will be looked at this week, before the 13th. Yours might go straight to visa grant as you have everything done.

Guest vixpinkbabe

Nah, my chest x-rays and medical results are sat in Birmingham as DIAC suddenly decided they now DIDNT want them in advance before having a CO! Tempted to send them in actually... cos they said we'd have a CO 10 days after SA confirmed sponsorship and they did that on Saturday.

I totally know what you mean about worrying, altho im sure you'll be fine. I can imagine it's when you get a CO that the worry really starts... im struggling to sleep at the moment at the thought of getting a CO soon nevermind a visa!

You got your medicals booked? xxxxxx

Guest brandyslad
Nah, my chest x-rays and medical results are sat in Birmingham as DIAC suddenly decided they now DIDNT want them in advance before having a CO! Tempted to send them in actually... cos they said we'd have a CO 10 days after SA confirmed sponsorship and they did that on Saturday.

I totally know what you mean about worrying, altho im sure you'll be fine. I can imagine it's when you get a CO that the worry really starts... im struggling to sleep at the moment at the thought of getting a CO soon nevermind a visa!

You got your medicals booked? xxxxxx

Yep, X-ray and meds booked for this Friday. The docs said they would send them straight on to Sydney. I would say it will be a few weeks before thsy sort them out and Adelaide gets them though.

Guest vixpinkbabe

Yeah, mine said 12 dyas but it's usually not that long I dont think. Depends how busy they are I suppose. Wow, its all happening so quickly for you! :) Medicals are fine, dont worry xxxx

Guest brandyslad
Yeah, mine said 12 dyas but it's usually not that long I dont think. Depends how busy they are I suppose. Wow, its all happening so quickly for you! :) Medicals are fine, dont worry xxxx

Yep very quick. I find it very strange they don't do them in date order, it's not fair. You would assume that would pick them up on who has been waiting the longest, that's the way state sponsorship seems to go. How many of you are going? There is just me and my partner heading out, he is a welder and I'm a community worker.

Guest vixpinkbabe

Just the 2 of us also, both 26, no medical problems, no police worries. Very simple. But hey, I'll just have to be patient :) It's 8.45am in Adelaide... May stay up til 12 to check my status... sad really... ! :( xx

Guest brandyslad
Just the 2 of us also, both 26, no medical problems, no police worries. Very simple. But hey, I'll just have to be patient :) It's 8.45am in Adelaide... May stay up til 12 to check my status... sad really... ! :( xx

Well good luck .... any day now. This visa business is both obsessive and addictive!

Guest VIBHUTI123

Hello everyone,

I've been a regular (but silent) visitor of this forum and most of the time I find exactly the answer I am luking for...so cheers to u guys...ur doing an awesome job !!!...

However I need a bit of clarity on the recent changes in Australian visa processing especially SIR 475.

Started process: 20th FEB 2008

Positive Skill Assessment: 31st March 2008

E-Visa lodged date: 27th August 2008

I've seen members in this forum and in others also have reported a case officer being assigned quiet recent (e.g. familygood)...congratulations to them and best wishes...however I am still not sure how r these guys working...pleasssse let me know if any of you lodged the application in proximity to my date and has got a case officer assigned...I will then need to follow up with my agent...thankx a ton

Guest vixpinkbabe
Hello everyone,

I've been a regular (but silent) visitor of this forum and most of the time I find exactly the answer I am luking for...so cheers to u guys...ur doing an awesome job !!!...

However I need a bit of clarity on the recent changes in Australian visa processing especially SIR 475.

Started process: 20th FEB 2008

Positive Skill Assessment: 31st March 2008

E-Visa lodged date: 27th August 2008

I've seen members in this forum and in others also have reported a case officer being assigned quiet recent (e.g. familygood)...congratulations to them and best wishes...however I am still not sure how r these guys working...pleasssse let me know if any of you lodged the application in proximity to my date and has got a case officer assigned...I will then need to follow up with my agent...thankx a ton

Hi, i lodged september 08. No CO :( x

Hi there

My status had changed when I checked online as it just showed my Meds needed until I checked the otherinfo and nothing had changed. I emailed my agent and she said I hadn't been allocated a CO as yet and we need to wait and see.

I hate the wait :skeptical:

So have you received emails to say you have CO?

Guest brandyslad
Hi there

My status had changed when I checked online as it just showed my Meds needed until I checked the otherinfo and nothing had changed. I emailed my agent and she said I hadn't been allocated a CO as yet and we need to wait and see.

I hate the wait :skeptical:

So have you received emails to say you have CO?

No haven't got an email, just 'met' against some of my docs.

It is so quick if I have got the CO, I remember when I started this we thought it would be over a year before we got the visa. Our police checks should be here in the next few days, they cashed the cheque last Thursday and our meds are booked for Friday. I need to push my friends for Stat Decs now and get them scanned in too.

Have you got a CO yet??

Blimey Lisa, that is quick, bet you are bricking it!! Better get saving quick:swoon:

Guest brandyslad
Blimey Lisa, that is quick, bet you are bricking it!! Better get saving quick:swoon:

Yep, very quick, we got word there that we are being laid of in work at the beginning of May so the sooner the better. Our meds are booked for this Friday and we are just getting all ready for letting the house out. Lots to do!!

It all feels very real now although the CO has not emailed or anything yet.

We got an email last week from DIAC requesting meds, police checks & a Form 80 to be completed by the 2nd person. All the other doc statuses are now 'Met'.

All seems to be happening very quick as we only submitted the visa app Nov 2008, so we're not exactly rushing to get the meds done. We have 28 days to respond & I understand that as long as we have booked the meds & can supply evidence of that then DIAC will be happy with that.

Guest brandyslad
We got an email last week from DIAC requesting meds, police checks & a Form 80 to be completed by the 2nd person. All the other doc statuses are now 'Met'.

All seems to be happening very quick as we only submitted the visa app Nov 2008, so we're not exactly rushing to get the meds done. We have 28 days to respond & I understand that as long as we have booked the meds & can supply evidence of that then DIAC will be happy with that.

When are you hoping to go???

Guest familygood

Hi

I too havent had an email from them to confirm a CO but as above all my docs except a few now say Met. Will wait until they ask for our meds and police checks as not sure we want to go that quickly!!

Guest brandyslad
Hi

I too havent had an email from them to confirm a CO but as above all my docs except a few now say Met. Will wait until they ask for our meds and police checks as not sure we want to go that quickly!!

Emma, what will we not be like waiting on the visa, remember how bad it was waiting on sponsorship to come thro!!! LOL