A delicate subject!?

Maggiemoo

Hi all, we are arriving in June and I have a question which I hope someone can answer for me.

We have the ashes of our baby son and would like to bring them with us to Australia.

Can anyone advise if there would be any restrictions to doing this or give details of somewhere we could contact to try to find out.

I know it sounds morbid but we are hoping this is a permanent move and don't really like the idea of leaving him in another country, even with our family.

Appreciate any advise you could give.

Thanks,

Mags :unsure:

Other people have taken ashes through and have had a note stating what they were. (These ashes were from animals) I suppose the death certificate and creamatorium receipt would justify what you had.

If the ashes are in a wood box than the box will have to go through some machine to make sure there are no live animals in the wood'

Aus have got this thing about wood!!! They do not want any insects brought in.

Guest mightyBouch

Hi

My wife's father died a few years ago and we wanted his ashes to be taken over to Australia.

I got in touch with Australian Customs who then told us to go through Australian Quarantine, there were no problems with taking the ashes over but I think you may have to declare them.

See http://www.daffa.gov.au/aqis for more information and contact details.

Hope this helps.

Mike

Hi all, we are arriving in June and I have a question which I hope someone can answer for me.

We have the ashes of our baby son and would like to bring them with us to Australia.

Can anyone advise if there would be any restrictions to doing this or give details of somewhere we could contact to try to find out.

I know it sounds morbid but we are hoping this is a permanent move and don't really like the idea of leaving him in another country, even with our family.

Appreciate any advise you could give.

Thanks,

Mags :unsure:

I bought 4 lots of ashes over. Make sure they are the last thing to be packed and put at the front of the container for customs to see.

Make sure a copy of the death certificate goes off with the paper work and attatch one to the cask.

I was really worried as our ashes (they were our dogs btw) were in concealed caskets and thought they may try to open them. Customs were only bothered about the casket itself as they were wooden. We did declare them though on the forms.

I'm sure you will be fine. Customs are used to it.

On a lighter note we were told by customs they get a lot of mother in law ashes coming over!