Costs of changing from 457 temp to 175 PR

Guest Jamie&Carrie

Guest Jamie&Carrie

Hi all,

Well me and Caz have decided we'll have to get the ball rolling for PR now we're living here in Australia. We just feel like we will have more flexibility and personally for me being a secondary applicant, my job prospects will be that much better.

We worked out the immi visa costs are gonna hit us for 5 grand+ and its possible Caz will only need to do a mod assessment with the ANMC (nursing) which will be $200.

We have all of our doco's to support everything we did before.

Will police checks also need to be re-done however?

With the medicals some have stated that as their meds are still within 12 months old they haven't been asked to re-do em where as some with the same situation have...dependant on case officer??

Who has done their FULL meds here in Adelaide and can they give us approx costs and locations of good docs/med centres where it will be shall we say cheaper!

We also need cash to leave Aussie to validate the visa once decision has been made...

Costs to NZ with all the trimmings no less!

The hospital are fantastic to Carrie and will support her even if we do the 175 as opposed to an ENS! Good guys....good guys! :notworthy:

Hi there

Sorry cant help with your questions, but wondered whether you may be able to give me some info??? I am a paed nurse looking to relocate to Adelaide. I have enough points to apply for 175 visa, would you recommend this rather than looking for an employer to sponser me??? How are you finding working in Aus???

Thanks for your help.

Sheila.

Guest Kazzarazza
Hi all,

Well me and Caz have decided we'll have to get the ball rolling for PR now we're living here in Australia. We just feel like we will have more flexibility and personally for me being a secondary applicant, my job prospects will be that much better.

We worked out the immi visa costs are gonna hit us for 5 grand+ and its possible Caz will only need to do a mod assessment with the ANMC (nursing) which will be $200.

We have all of our doco's to support everything we did before.

Will police checks also need to be re-done however?

With the medicals some have stated that as their meds are still within 12 months old they haven't been asked to re-do em where as some with the same situation have...dependant on case officer??

Who has done their FULL meds here in Adelaide and can they give us approx costs and locations of good docs/med centres where it will be shall we say cheaper!

We also need cash to leave Aussie to validate the visa once decision has been made...

Costs to NZ with all the trimmings no less!

The hospital are fantastic to Carrie and will support her even if we do the 175 as opposed to an ENS! Good guys....good guys! :notworthy:

Hi Jamie,

I just wondered why you would prefer the 175 route to PR rather than the ENS. State and ENS are being given first priority for processing and you should have PR much quicker if you take that route. I may be wrong, but I think ENS is also an "onshore" visa so you shouldn't have to go out of Aus to get it granted.

On the medicals, the panel doctor for Adelaide is actually in the immigration building on Currie Street, Adelaide, on a different floor to visa processing.

Good luck.

Hi there

Sorry cant help with your questions, but wondered whether you may be able to give me some info??? I am a paed nurse looking to relocate to Adelaide. I have enough points to apply for 175 visa, would you recommend this rather than looking for an employer to sponser me??? How are you finding working in Aus???

Thanks for your help.

Sheila.

Not sure about your personal circumstances (family etc) but as a permanent resident you qualify for medicare and other benefits that Australian Residents are entitled to. You will also be entitled to further education at usual rates instead of international student rates if you have older children or want to study a bit yourself. The Department of Immigration (DIAC) have recently announced that their priority on visa processing will be focussed on visas that are state or employer sponsored, so if you want permanent and soon the 176 visa(permanent state sponsored) would be the way to go. It means that you have to stay in the state that sponsors you for 2 years.

I am not a visa expert but hope that helps. Here is a link to SA sponsorship information www.immigration.sa.gov.au

Good luck with it all.