Finding out my wife is pregnant, will this effect my 475 visa

johnnynic6

We have just found out we are expecting another child in September. We are in the middle of apply for visas, would this effect anything?? Also could someone tell when your visa comes through how long do you have to activate them.

PS Just returned from a 3 week stay in Adelaide and can't wait to get back!

The meds will be your issue. Your wife now won't be able to have her chest xray until after the babe is born which means you will not have a visa until that point (then quickly have to get babe's passport/bc certified to add to application. Good luck!

PS. Activation for visa's is usually roughly a year from when your medicals or Police checks expire (whichever happens first) so if you have to wait for your wife - you should all wait.

Guest familygood

We are just about to get our meds done and I may be pregnant so we rang and i spoke to the Radiographer and they are happy to give me a chest xray and said the radiation is less than flying! She said she wouldnt do it unless it was safe. There is a disclaimer you sign on the front of the form that will satisfy Aus Immigration that you are willing to take the risk. We have decided that we will if it comes to that. Obviously this is your choice!

We have just found out we are expecting another child in September. We are in the middle of apply for visas, would this effect anything?? Also could someone tell when your visa comes through how long do you have to activate them.

PS Just returned from a 3 week stay in Adelaide and can't wait to get back!

Hi,

We were in a similar position last year as was 5 months pregnant when we came over. My husband is on a 457 visa sponsored by his company. My visa application was basically put on hold. I came across on a normal 3 months tourist visa and then obtained a bridging visa which was valid until I able to have an xray.

Hope this helps

Katie

• 2 years later...
Guest Ramanaredy

Hi All,

I will need some help to understand this too.

I am from India, and presently in USA. My Wife is 9 weeks pregnant, and I am the primary applicant for 457.

Now since mine and My Wife’s Passport is issued from India, which according to Aus Immigration Team falls under High Risk Cat Country, a Chest X-ray is a must. They referred me to 1163i which states X-ray as mandate, and in our case we choose to delivery in Aus, special significance apply i.e. Hepitis B test.

I am in a twist, as the doctors here do not recommend X-ray on pregnant Lady. Please suggest if anyone has encountered such a situation and found an alternate solution. I talked to the case officer, who was not very clear on any alternate approach.

I was thinking, on a Visitor VISA for my Wife, but then even a Visitor VISA for a stay more than 3 months need X-ray for High Risk Countries (India Included).

Thanks in advance to put forward your comments.

Ramana