TRA received

Guest ade&emma

Guest ade&emma

We have just had our TRA come through and are jsut about to send off our visa papers. Not sure what the time scale is from now to departure and we are so sick of telling people we are going in about a year. How long are we realistically looking at or does it vary for everyone? Should we start getting excited or is it too early.

Guest stephb

hiya,

i am lodging my visa application this week, and according to my agent the applications they have lodged recently have taken between 4 and 9 months to come through... a fairly broad timescale, and i guess all different factors might affect this but hopefull that is some help?! best of luck with it (0: steph

Guest ade&emma

Wow that is a broad timescale. Maybe I should think about letting my boss know. Good luck with your application and thanks for you help.

EmmaXX

Guest soggy

well done passing the TRA it was what i was most worried about. as i understand things if the visa you are going for gives you permanent residency it takes longer more towards the 9 months, if it is for tempary residency like the SIR 495 it may only take 4 or 5 months, one of the only advantages of having a lower score on the points test.

Every case is different, just make sure your forms and documents are all ok. Good luck you will get there:)

Simon

Guest Aussiebound

What visa are you on - we are on the permanent 136 and have been told between 6 and 9 months, ours will be fast tracked and prioritised over applicants whose trade is not on the MODL list so could be looking nearer the 6 months than the 9 months. Have also heard its between 4 and 6 months for the temporary 495 visa.

We sent ours to the agent last week and its going to Australia on Friday.

Guest dglamoore

Hi

You can send a blank email to this address (literally blank, no subject etc) and you get an automated response back telling you which dates are currently being processed for applications which will give you a guide to how long yours may be

aspc.processing@immi.gov.au

Lisa:cool:

Guest Aussiebound
Hi,

Our agent told us they are taking about 4 months for a 136. I hope she's right!

You can check on www.austimeline.com/aus/opener.jsp this may give you some idea of how long they are taking.

OMG - only 4 months. :eek:

That'll be cutting it fine for us with the 12 months to get the visa validated. We are planning on going September 08 - the visa will need validating by November 08, if something doesn't go to plan like selling the house we will have to do a reccie.

Am I the only one that wants it to take a little bit longer to come back? :confused:

Guest dglamoore
OMG - only 4 months. :eek:

That'll be cutting it fine for us with the 12 months to get the visa validated. We are planning on going September 08 - the visa will need validating by November 08, if something doesn't go to plan like selling the house we will have to do a reccie.

Am I the only one that wants it to take a little bit longer to come back? :confused:

You can always try and delay getting your meds and police checks done as you have to validate one year from the date of these (whichever is done earlier)

Guest Rachel & Jeff

I have just done the e-mail that Lisa suggested and it has not helped at all.

We are applying for a 136 visa and it says that for paper based applications they are currently dealing with those received on 15th Sept 06.

For on-line applications they are dealing with 5th Feb 07.

I can't understand why an agent wouldn't use the quickest method. Ours was sent by courier on 1st June.

Has anyone out there had a paper application from a later date looked at yet or will I have to get used to the idea that we won't be going in February.

I'm already counting down the time till I can hand in my notice and won't be happy if I have to stay here much longer.

:mad:

Rachel

Guest dglamoore

The online visa dates are for the SIR495 - the email covers different visa types which is why the agent would have posted yours as a 136 cannot be done online as yet:). For some reason the SIR495 has always been the fastest visa - even though we were not on the modl ours was priority processed and took only 4 months from start to finish - does not make sense but that is DIAC for you:o