I knew it was going to well...

Guest Lisado

My hubby is from South Africa and we need a police clearance from there. We have had to hire an agent for £140 to go to the police station in SA for us. We have now found out for his fingerprints to be done we can no longer go to our local station but have to travel down to London and go to South Africa House and have them done!

The annoying thing is - when I did childminding we had this done already and have the certificate but its only valid for 1 year

I am sooooo peed off right now and have a Stressed Eric head :mad:

Bloomin sick

Lisa

Guest ReadyPenny

Oh Lisa that's total crap! The beaurocracy (?sp) and red tape in this god forsaken place is soddin outrageous.

Sending you a big hug hun, keep your pecker up, you will soon be out of this hole and when we are all there on the beach, we can look back at the stresses etc and laugh!

Mandy x

Thanks mandy :)

Should be working but now trying to juggle holidays and look at hotels to go down to London - long trip from Newcastle (all when the boss isn't looking!!!!!)

I think by the time I am on that beach in Oz I will be an alcoholic as I am sure this is turning me to drink :wacko:

Lisa

Guest BAZnDAF

when I did childminding we had this done already and have the certificate but its only valid for 1 year

Think thats a different certificate. You need a special one for migration purposes.

Barry

Hi

Its similar we had to have fingerprints done then but you could go to any local police statio. Now the police have called and said it has to be done in London to prevent acts of terrorism, etc. THey used to hand you the fingerprint forms for you to send off but now thats not allowed and you have to go to your own embassy :arghh:

Phew - those wonderful police in Birmingham can do this for us. Means having go on the date for our medicals but still be quicker than trying get appt with South Africa House

Another panic over :)

Guest brandyslad
Phew - those wonderful police in Birmingham can do this for us. Means having go on the date for our medicals but still be quicker than trying get appt with South Africa House

Another panic over :)

Bet you are glad you have that sorted, I can just imagine what the embassy would be like. I have just spent the last three house scanning in every shred of evidence I can lend my hand to in regards of work experience and this de facto biz. I am not up to my 60 doc limit and had to email them stuff over!