employer sponsorship ??

Guest alexx_ox

Guest alexx_ox

i understand that a visa takes 12-15 months to come through but if you get an employer to sponsor you with a job offer how long would your visa take ?

if you apply for a job i have heard that your employer applies for your visa for you, is this true ?

is it advisable to get a visa first and then apply for a job or get a job and have your employer get the visa for you ? which is quicker and easier ?

how have you found it to be ?

Alex (:

We are here on a 457 visa sponsored by my new employers. We started the process on 21/11/08. Between then and 15/12/09 we filled in all the paperwork,had our police records checked and had our medicals and x-rays. We recieved our visa on the 2/1/09, in total the whole process took a very hectic 6 weeks. We arrived in adelaide on 27/1/09 and I started work on 2/2/09.

My employers paid for every part of the visa and paid for our flights out here, I'm not sure if they have to do this but it certainly saved us a lot of money.

Hope this helps,

Ian

Hi

My employer nominated me for a sponsored visa (457) which meant that I did not have to pay. I did, however have to pay for everything else such as certifying copies of certificates, medicals, flights etc. I also have to stay with my employer for 2 years so think carefully before you go down this route. Also the 457 is temporary so if you wish to stay you will have to go for another visa when you are here which will not be free. Currently I am applying for perm visa which is $2000 (along with medicals having to be done again etc.).

Hope this helps

Catherine