Sponsorship received - worried though

Guest covfan71

Guest covfan71

Yippeeeeeee. Sponsor received this mnorning but to be honest we are a bit worried now because it is only valid for 60 days and the earliest we can leave the UK is next Sept. if we apply for our Visa at the 60 day point (or thereabouts) we are worried it will be granted too early. Has anyone else had a similar problem and are there any delayng tactics. How long do we have before we have to activate it?

Hi, we are in a very similar situation. We recieved our sponsorship on Tuesday but we plan to go hopefully in November. I think!! you have to activate your visa within a year as your medicals will be valid for that time. We have a meeting with our agent on Wednesday so hopefully going to clear these things up. They give you 60 days to lodge your visa application so don't worry to much as that will take time to come through. Keep in touch as we are on the same visa and timescale!

Guest covfan71
Hi, we are in a very similar situation. We recieved our sponsorship on Tuesday but we plan to go hopefully in November. I think!! you have to activate your visa within a year as your medicals will be valid for that time. We have a meeting with our agent on Wednesday so hopefully going to clear these things up. They give you 60 days to lodge your visa application so don't worry to much as that will take time to come through. Keep in touch as we are on the same visa and timescale!

Is that November next year or this? If it's this year you don't have a problem but Nov 2010 you are in a worse situation than us. there must be delaying tactics, ie with medicals etc. i will speak to my agent as well so i'll let you know the outcome.

Guest covfan71
We are planning for Nov this year so no probs there. I think if you are planning for Sep 2010 then you will have to apply again for your sponsorship, not sure but have a word with your agent they should know!! Good luck and keep us up to date!

You have no worries then as by the time your Visa arrives it'll be past November anyway. It'll probably mean i will have to go to Oz a few months early for a holiday then just to activate the Visa. hopefully we can delay the medicals as long as long as possible

Guest Martin and Val

You should be OK time wise.

You have 60 days to lodge the visa application. Then you sit back and wait. If yo want it to slow don't have the medicals or Police checks done until they request you to at the point you have the Medical or Police check you have one year to enter the country.

Hope this helps

Martin