nurse wantin to move

gaynor1

:cute:hi, im new to all this so if any one can help it would be great,

me and my partner are due to get wed in september followin this we have both decided we want to start a new life together and adelaide sounds perfect, im a registered nurse and he is a chef, got loads to ask so here goes, could any one give us advice on applying for visa's the costs how long they take think we are gonna go for the pr 175 as more flexability with workin, is it best to go through an agent,

i would be applying for nursing jobs so how do i start the registration process,

would love a costal location any advice on areas,

sorry 4 all the question but are likely to have a lot more

thanks gaynor

Guest Tiddlypush

Hi, there are several nursing routes but for pr visa you need to speak to nmc and they send you a form pay 34 pounds and ask for verication and transcripst of course and then they send this of to oz. can ring or email anmc they are very helpful. Whos going to be main applicant? We are doing it without agent as need that money to fly dog over, more hard work but do-able. At the moment pr visas taking quite a time to happen.

Burnside hospital are on recruitment drive

Hope helped a little bit

Guest cornish Busdriver

Im not sure how much advice i can give, but me and my missus went through the same thing.

She is a Theater Nurse of 13 yr.

We used Gorge Lombard as an agent and he was brilliant, kept us upto date on the whole process.

I know missus had to register with the country and state. Once she had got here regitration she registered herself with Clincal One nursing agency and they got her a job at the Calvary Wakefield Hospital but shes looking at changing hospitals about September to a more local one.

Also look out for Scouse Mouse on here she has also gone through the same process.

Matt

Christies Beach

all depends whose applying for the visa as to what u do. A 175 would give you more flexibility and stability but would take longer. There are no shortage of nursing jobs in adelaide it will all depend where you settle. Personally i think as a nurse you could get here and go look around and see where u want to work. I took a job through an agency and idnt particulary like the hospital and i had a job getting around a financial clause in my contract. Im in community now.

There are lots of hospitals both public and private, pay and conditions are better in public i feel.

If you are the visa applicant you will first need a positive skills assessment through the ANMC or you could apply for your nursing reg here and do a modified assessment but this takes longer. You would be looking at up to12 months sometimes longer if you start the process now for PR. I used an agent for mine go matilda hope this helps x

:notworthy:thanks for all the relpys, i no this will be a long process but feel it will be worth it in the end. i will be the main applicant as feel have more chance with my job, i understand i have to get my skills assessed do i do this with anmc and what are the costs, i want to avoid using an agent if possible so i will have more money to come with, how much will i be lookin at payin to rent property and how different are the hospitals from the uk.

:notworthy:thanks for all the relpys, i no this will be a long process but feel it will be worth it in the end. i will be the main applicant as feel have more chance with my job, i understand i have to get my skills assessed do i do this with anmc and what are the costs, i want to avoid using an agent if possible so i will have more money to come with, how much will i be lookin at payin to rent property and how different are the hospitals from the uk.

If you follow the thread on the link I gave you, page 2 will give you all the links to all the websites that you need.

Good luck.

Pete

ok getting there what do i use for my

Transcript/s of nursing and/or midwifery education

should i have this or do i need to apply for this to send of with my application.

you need to send verifiaction from the nmc to the anmc and the nurses board of south austrlia (can send it up to 5 boards in aus in case you change your mind). Transcript is obtained from the univerisity you trained at. I did the skills assessment myself just used an agency for the visa. Cant remember the costs as it was well over a year ago, if you look on anmc website it will tell you. Everything you compile to the skills assesssment you also need for visa application so eg reference from employers get 4 copies and get them all certified, copies of passports, certificates, etc.