Australia to cut skilled immigration

Jessica Berry

"Although you have good intentions, I think your actions could backfire on people trying to come over and get into Australia. The easiest solution for Australia to tackle this problem would be to lower the amount of migrants coming into the country and with the globabl ecomonic crisis, I think this is a real possibility.

The Australian's (rightly so!) do not like being told what to do in their own country."

This was part of my thread to Cazzie having a meeting with MP's to discuss how some PIA members on temp visas were struggling over here. Have a look at this article on Australia's msn! You might get a mention in parliament!!!!

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/755899/australia-to-cut-skilled-immigration

Guest Dave & Carole

Very interesting article. Thank you for posting it.

I just hope however, that it was just for our info and not a dig at Cazzie. She can hardly be held responsible for the global economic downturn!!!!

Carole

i hardly think cazzie is to blame for the global economic crisis. Isnt it obvious that in such a situation countries will close their borders eventually? It doesnt take rocket science to see that really and you cant go blaming cazzie because shes pointed out some important issues on behalf of others. So if it means less people can migrate then theres obviously a reason why and no doubt this has been in the pipleine for a while.

Think about all the people who come here cant get work and return how much money they have lost, surely its for their benefit too reducing the numbers?

Sorry, but I can't see the connection.:confused:

Cazzie's campaign is to make employers understand that a provisional visa holder is (if they can get a job) as good a bet as a long term employee as someone already with PR. At present employers seem to look at the non PR visa holders as peope that are only here for a short period of time ie temporary. It has nothing to do with the number of people entering the country. That is a global issue.

I do hope as mentioned by Carole that this isn't some sort of 'point scoring' against Cazzie. If it is I think you can put yourself down for an own goal. ;):biglaugh:

Pete

Don't really see that this news has come as a result of cazzie campaigning....she can hardly be held responsible for the global recession!!!

I think we all should blame cazzie for the global recession, and not those greedy bankers (maybe rhyming slang) around the world.;);)

Simon:D

Guest Martin and Val

The article is titled:

"Skilled immigration will fall due to the global economic crisis, the federal government says".

So that must be the reason I would have thought.

I feel you can't point the finger at people due to the current climate it's not their fault.

Martin

Guest stufi1997

Hey, what a great person to know....she gets policies changed with just 1 meeting, can you get us a big shiney new boat next time you talk to the powers that be please Cazzie xx

Hey, what a great person to know....she gets policies changed with just 1 meeting, can you get us a big shiney new boat next time you talk to the powers that be please Cazzie xx

Of course! xx

PS. It is 2 weeks today since visit to MP, I will be calling him in the morning and will post response asap. x

I think you're right to blame Cazzie, she's been nothing but trouble ever since she lost us the 13 colonies in the American Revolutionary war.

I know! I was a bit careless losing all 13 of them, but I'm better now. Funny Flinny!

:);)

You lot are so funny!

:shocked:

We are deadly serious. You have some serious explaining to do. I think I shall write to the MP and get Cazzie's campaign laughed out of the country. That way the flood gates will open and everyone waiting for a visa will have their visas granted within the hour. ;)

I also blame her for global warming and am pretty sure she was involved with the kidnapping of Shergar!

I reckon we should ban her from the forum before a virus crashed all our computers.

Django

God, I shall miss all this when I'm banned :jiggy:

Wersal thinks I'm God too. :biglaugh::biglaugh:

Mods I wish to make a serious complaint. This thread has degenerated into a farce again!!!

I luv it :D

Totally agree about Bill looking like Lord Lucan - uncanny!