Gutted

Guest Lisado

Hi there

Well the ongoing saga of hubby's South African police clearance continues. We have been informed by our agent in South Africa that there is a problem with the system that issues the clearances and it won't be up and running for "3 months" - our deadline as you all know is 28 days once visa lodged. We have our UK ones now and meds booked and now this has happened. :arghh:

The only thing we can think of is to send a one he had done a few years ago with stat dec to say he hasn't been back to South Africa, with letter from police department saying there is a problem

Our agent is going to try and get an extension but I think its the end of the line for us if DIAC won't accept an extension

I am absoutely gutted. :sad:

Lisa

Guest sue&dave

Hey your not having much luck at the moment. I'm sure it will all get sorted, That's what an agent is for to deal with things like this. Your be there in no time at all. We're still waiting for a C/O. Hope it all works out and you get to know ASAP. The waiting is the worse.

Good Luck

Guest ReadyPenny

Oh hun, that's terrible news. Don't give up hope though, I am sure there will be a way around it. They let you send meds etc after the 28 days providing you prove they have been applied for etc. I think they will probably accept a letter re SA Clearance and grant an extension, I really hope so.

These things are sent to try us, in my view, it's a test of your resolve to see how determined you are to make it. Try not to worry, I know its easier said than done. Stay positive and things will come right, you'll see.

Keep us up to speed.

Mandy x

Hi Lisa

I'm not on here as often as I use to be so wasnt aware you were having this nightmare. I am pretty sure your agent should be able to apply for an extension, there are always certain circumstances which arise and we have no control over them. As said, surely thats why we pay these agents, to deal with situations like this.

I hope it all goes alright, must be really pi**ing you off but keep positive.

Hi there

Thanks for helping me keep positive. I feel like crying.

I have emailed our agent and we are going to call her later tonight to see if she can help. We are using the agency Alan is with - so I am over the moon with that as they have been fantastic so far :)

Hubby has tried contacting again SA House in London again and no joy (they never answer the phone) and he has now emailed them in SA as well to see whats going on. It is so annoying as we have copies of the one he had done in 2005 but they are out of date. He is a British Citizen as well as his parents are from Scotland, but he still needs the SA one!

I am just so worried 3 months (and then 20 days to process it) is asking too much for the DIAC to stretch a deadline :skeptical:

One good bit of news - off to Brum on 2 March to get the fingerprints done anyway - so going for the weekend and can have a wee jolly there eh!

Lisa

Sorry to hear about this Lisa, you just don't need it at this stage. I hope there is a way around it and that your agent can sort it out for you. The frustration levels must be very high at the moment. Good luck and keep us posted.

Hi there

Thanks for helping me keep positive. I feel like crying.

I have emailed our agent and we are going to call her later tonight to see if she can help. We are using the agency Alan is with - so I am over the moon with that as they have been fantastic so far :)

Hubby has tried contacting again SA House in London again and no joy (they never answer the phone) and he has now emailed them in SA as well to see whats going on. It is so annoying as we have copies of the one he had done in 2005 but they are out of date. He is a British Citizen as well as his parents are from Scotland, but he still needs the SA one!

I am just so worried 3 months (and then 20 days to process it) is asking too much for the DIAC to stretch a deadline :skeptical:

One good bit of news - off to Brum on 2 March to get the fingerprints done anyway - so going for the weekend and can have a wee jolly there eh!

Lisa

Sorry to hear that you've got problems at the moment, I'm sure your agent can find a way around things, that why we pay them so much money!!

If you're off to Birmingham for the weekend, be sure to spend some time in the Mailbox. Fabulous shopping at Harvey Nicks etc and some wonderful places to eat and chill out. Pop into Bar Estilo for some nachos and a jug of sangria - yum! One of the things I definitely miss as you'll have gathered!!

Okay - our agent been making checks and she said the DIAC havent reported anything about a delay in South Africa. However, we have contacted the police department ourselves and tey said they know nothing about3 month delay but there has been delay of 6 weeks.

We have found a different agent (recommended by SA police) and they said they will see what the can do for us. Just don't know who to believe any more - also lot of corruption going on:policeman:

I am now worried that our agent and DIAC think we are up to something and have something to hide and won't grant visa when the checks eventually come!

I have asked agent to do all she can for an extension as I can't bear for this to be the end:shocked:

PS. I used to live in Brum for 12 years - so staying at the new Radisson and off to mailbox and Chez Jules xx

Lisa

Hi Denise

I am getting worried about myself as feel like having wine everynight :goofy:

We have found an agent in the UK who will send hubby's form and fingerprints through to his contact in SA, who will then file for police clearance for him. He knows a few contacts (!!!!) at the police department and may get them quicker. The one we had contacted previously was pulling a fast one to get more money from us!

Our agent in oz said for us to send copy of the application form and the receipt for the docs that we are sending the police guy in the UK, to her by 18 march and we should be ok. She said as long as we prove we have sent them off. She is also going to speak to our CO.

I have everything crossed at the moment. 'll keep you all posted on the saga!!

Lisa

Guest Safferdan

Lisa

It took me 5 weeks to get my fingerprints back from South Africa - and no reported problems of a 3 month delay.

I would make enquiries direct to High Commission

Guest Lisado

Hi Safferdan - thanks for the reassurance. We have sent the fingerprints etc off and we have been told there is a 2 week delay but not 3 months - fingers crossed

Lisa