Certified documents

Guest Rubytuesday

Guest Rubytuesday

Hello All,

Quite new to all this as you will realise when I start asking "newbie" basic questions!

I have been to the Vetasses website and decided to start the process myself, rather than pay whopping amounts to agents......regarding birth certificates and passports they need to be "certified" or have a "notorial certificate" can anyone advise who can actually certify?? Your doctor? professional person?? I've never even met a Notory here in England, I know the rest of Europe are full of them!! But wouldn't know where to go here....I would hate for my application to sit on a pile marked "another incorrect application" Advise would be much obliged xx :notworthy:

Hi

Our agent certified most of our stuff for Vetasses and the dcoument they couldn't certify we took to a solicitor who only charged us £5. The financial form that needs certifying for sponsorship has to be signed by a notary or bank official - notaries charge around £50 and are hard to come by but depending which bank you are with they will sign it for nothing. Abbey have refused to sign ours saying they don't offer this kind of service to their customers even though we have 3 accounts with them and a mortgage but Nationwide have made us an appointment and agreed to sign it - looks like we will be withdrawing our funds and transferring them to Nationwide.

Good luck

Tracey

Guest Team 'W'
Hello All,

Quite new to all this as you will realise when I start asking "newbie" basic questions!

I have been to the Vetasses website and decided to start the process myself, rather than pay whopping amounts to agents......regarding birth certificates and passports they need to be "certified" or have a "notorial certificate" can anyone advise who can actually certify?? Your doctor? professional person?? I've never even met a Notory here in England, I know the rest of Europe are full of them!! But wouldn't know where to go here....I would hate for my application to sit on a pile marked "another incorrect application" Advise would be much obliged xx :notworthy:

Hi Rubytuesday

Just got ours done today. We used a Solicitor, cost us £25 to get all docs, passports and photos done. Post ing our application tomorrow!

Stuart

Guest brandyslad

Our solicitor did ours for free, but I was in paying a bill at the time! I then forgot to get the proof of my address document signed and the post office signed it for me, again for free. It was all accepted.

Guest scmercer

Hi, basically anyone who can certify your passport, so most professionals such as doctors, teachers etc , an accountant signed mine. You can go to your local magistrates office and the justice of peace will do it for free for you.