• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Migration baggage allowance

We booked our flights using a company called 'Dial-A-Flight' they were cheaper than any other company for our one way flights by 400.00. We are flying with Cathay Pacific and stopping in Hong Kong for 5 hours. However, we only have the standard 20kg baggage allowance - we were told when we booked the tickets that extra baggage allowance should be fine, we just needed to contact the airline direct. However, when we did this, they told us that they had separate migration flights and they would cost us an extra 900.00 but we could have extra baggage allowance. Needless to say, we took the cheap flight and we will travel lightly and buy things over there if we need them before our container arrives.

Quote Originally Posted by covfan71 View Post
      40kg would be ideal for me, but we are coming on a temp 475. Anyone know the allowance for this??

We came on the Provisional 475 in December, I Emailed SA prior and they told me that the allowance was 20kg + Hand luggage, I did some stamping and shouting and eventually got an extra 10kgs each ;).

At the airport checking in the clerk looked at the visa and then said 40kg's no problems and we got our luggage through, 70kgs for both of us. We had checked in online prior and just had to put the bags through.
      Last edited by Kraig1967; 01-03-2009 at 09:21 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Copyright 2006 - 2015 Australia Migration Forums