Migration baggage allowance

Guest scmercer

Guest scmercer

Hello

Does anyone know if Singapore Airlines offer migration baggage allowance for flights to Adelaide? I know some airlines offer this but not sure about SA. I will be travelling with two small children and would need to take quite a lot with me.

Guest Carl Hallam

hi we are flying 18 aug and we have been told by SA that if we are on indefinate visas and it is the first flight (to adelaide) then our allowence is doubled to 60kg hold baggage per person , is normaly 30 kg which is pants, (allmost literaly)

Guest the4hopes

Has this changed now? We came in october and it was 40kg per person, and 7kg hand luggage, plus handbags not weighed, so stuff as much in as you can, mine was quite big! Laptops hand luggage aswell.

Guest scmercer

Do you have to advise them when booking your ticket to ensure you get the extra luggage allowance?

I was just going to book my flight online and it doesnt mention anything on their website.

Thanks

Hi ,

We flew with Singapore on 14th Feb 09 and it's definitely 40kg. Laptops don't count in your hand luggage. Hand luggage can't be more than 7kg and handbags don't count either, but at Heathrow they didn't check any of our hand luggage. Each suitcase can't weigh more than 32kg, think we had 8 for the 5 of us.

We emailed Singapore airlines re the extra baggage allowance and had the reply in our documents at check in in case there were any probs.

Diane

Hi hope you can help,

I have my visa letter, which i have not validated yet, iam looking to book with Singapore Airlines, do i get the Visa validatated at Adelaide airport {do i just take the letter with me Class 175** and do i just show them my letter at check in to get the 40kg baggage

Hope you can help many thanks

Andy

Guest kangomik

Hi there.

If your on a permananent visa then you get the 40KG allowance.

Mail SA and they will email back stating that effect. Take that letter on your journey.

We had a slight glitch at singapore because we stopped over, but the check in guy had never dealt with this type of visa before, once he had the letter and confirmation from higher up everything was fine.

This has to be on your first trip, because in Aus they stamp the visa slip with the date, so you can't try again with the luggage lark.

Hope that helps.

Guest covfan71
Hi there.

If your on a permananent visa then you get the 40KG allowance.

Mail SA and they will email back stating that effect. Take that letter on your journey.

We had a slight glitch at singapore because we stopped over, but the check in guy had never dealt with this type of visa before, once he had the letter and confirmation from higher up everything was fine.

This has to be on your first trip, because in Aus they stamp the visa slip with the date, so you can't try again with the luggage lark.

Hope that helps.

40kg would be ideal for me, but we are coming on a temp 475. Anyone know the allowance for this??

Guest GIPSY

Hi

We booked our flights using a company called 'Dial-A-Flight' they were cheaper than any other company for our one way flights by £400.00. We are flying with Cathay Pacific and stopping in Hong Kong for 5 hours. However, we only have the standard 20kg baggage allowance - we were told when we booked the tickets that extra baggage allowance should be fine, we just needed to contact the airline direct. However, when we did this, they told us that they had separate migration flights and they would cost us an extra £900.00 but we could have extra baggage allowance. Needless to say, we took the cheap flight and we will travel lightly and buy things over there if we need them before our container arrives. :mad:

Cheers

Hayley

Guest Kraig1967
40kg would be ideal for me, but we are coming on a temp 475. Anyone know the allowance for this??

We came on the Provisional 475 in December, I Emailed SA prior and they told me that the allowance was 20kg + Hand luggage, I did some stamping :arghh: and shouting :realmad: and eventually got an extra 10kgs each ;).

At the airport checking in the clerk looked at the visa and then said 40kg's no problems and we got our luggage through, 70kgs for both of us. We had checked in online prior and just had to put the bags through.