We have our visa!

Guest HelenAndSiggi

Guest HelenAndSiggi

What a journey - What a story!

We finally got our visa! Hurray!

Here just the final days:

I went to the ASPC in Adelaide on Monday and managed to speak to my CO.

He reminded me of Little Britain as in a "Computer says no" manner.

He said that there still documents missing, but the truth is that we have send them ages ago and again and again.

After a long discussion he agreed to look into it on Wednesday - today.

So I checked up on him and his first words were: "You have to leave the country!"

My initial thought was: What have I done wrong? Did they catch me by not paying one train fare three days ago. I had no change! :-)

Anyway, it turned out that we have the visa now and I have to leave Australia in order to activate it. So one more bungee jump in NZ and back. Thank you CO!

Good luck to all of you who are still waiting for their visa.

Siggi

(now in Hahndorf, reflecting on the long ride and paying homage to my ancestors with a few pints of Bitburger and a delicious Rinderroulade)

Guest Martin and Val

Congratulations Siggi and of course Helen,

It was well over due and well deserved. Hope your enjoying the beer, it gives me an excuse as well so I'm just of out to have one to celebrate for you.

Now you can get on with all the rest of your planning, good luck.

Martin

(PS: I will have a word with mum because she certainly kept you waiting far to long) :biglaugh::biglaugh:

Guest Dave & Carole

Congratulations.

You've had to wait ages. Makes me feel bad for moaning about ours.

At least you are out there & can celebrate in the sunshine, beer in hand ...or 2 or 3.....

Carole

Guest nightowl

Congratulations, Helen & Siggi!!!!!!

I know you've been waiting for more than a year like us (we applied in Feb 08 and haven't got a CO yet) so I was secretly hoping that you'll get your visa soon too.

We rang ASPC several times and just found out recently it was their fault that our application was not processed at all (and of course they didn't apologise lol).

Anyway, I'm sure it's worth waiting for!

Enjoy your new life down under ;)

nightowl