Whooooo Hooooooo!! We got our VISA (475)

Guest Lisa & Kevin

Guest Lisa & Kevin

Just want to let you all know we've had the news we have been waiting for :biglaugh:

We've been granted our 475 Visa today, we are all just so excited and can't wait to come over and start our new lives in Adelaide:jiggy:

Guest Lisa & Kevin

Carole - Thanks for your message, it all happened really quick at the end. Probably plan to fly over September '09. Want Daniel to finish year 2 and Kevin has got to hand his notice in at work. Oh yes and I've got to de-clutter and pack!!! You should be hearing any day now too!!! Fingers crossed for you :)

Familygood - Thanks for your message, good luck with your meds. I dreaded mine from the day we logged our application. Really was nothing to worry about, I could have avoided the extra grey hairs :biglaugh: Once we had the Meds/Police Checks it really has flown by!

It won't be long now before you all walk around all day smiling, wanting to shout from the rooftops. YES! YES! YES! :D

Guest Lisa & Kevin

Andy & Stacey - Thanks for your message. Hope you don't mind but will keep your details to hand as we might be in need of some financial advice when the time comes to buy our new home :)

Jo - Thanks for your message. It really is such a relief, until you get the call/email to say you've got the Visa, it's always in the back of your mind 'they might not want us':( but we got the good news like most :D

I bet you're all getting really excited now? Have you packed? Hope you all have a safe journey and great new life in Adelaide. :jiggy:

Hi Lisa & Kevin & Family,

CONGRATULATIONS!! Great News. That was very quick after your meds. We had our medicals done last Friday and hope the visa will be finalised very soon. Had so many sleepless nights worrying about the medicals, but the doctor was absolutely brilliant and put us all at ease. All being well, we plan to arrive in Oz September time too.

Good luck with all your preparations - this is where the fun begins.

Alison & Trev

Guest Lisa & Kevin

Hi Alison & Trev

Thanks for your message. I can't believe how quick it all happened at the end. Our Medicals were sent to Sydney on 17th Feb and then when Kevin checked DIAC on Monday and it had been changed to 'Medicals Received', he then checked yesterday and it said 'Application being processed further' and while I was getting ready to go on the school run this morning he checked again and it said 'Approved'. I thought he was joking!!! When our Agent called it was the icing on the cake. She said we could send our Passports to her to send off or take them ourselves to the Australian High Commision. We're going to make a day of it and go to London with the boys and stop in Staines on the way home and go to the Australian Outback to celebrate. Hope you hear soon, let us know when you get the Visa. If you're planning to go around September we'll arrive around the same time. We'll have to have a celebratory drink!

Guest Lisa & Kevin

Hi Sue, George & Nathan

Thanks for your message. Really don't worry about your medicals, I spent the best part of a year worrying. Our doctor was sooooooo nice, he really put our minds at rest. He was great, he made us all feel at ease. I've never had an X-ray and when the Nurse showed it to me, there was a big black area on one side. I must have been sooooooooo nervous I said what's that shadow??? She laughed and said that's your heart. LOL did I feel an idiot!!! Good Luck with your medicals. Let us know when you get your Visa's. If you're planning to go around September we'll arrive around the same time. We'll have to have a celebratory drink!

Congrats on the visa guys. September is a good time to arrive. We did just that last September. It will be pleasant out so you won't find it too hot when you do all your running around. By the time the heat comes you will be settled enough to enjoy it.

Pete

Guest Martin and Val

Lisa, Kevin, Daniel, Christopher & Bonnie the dog,:jiggy:

Congratulations on getting the golden ticket, hope you enjoy the rest of the planning and all the party's.

Good luck to you all,

Martin and Val

Guest Lisa & Kevin

Hi Pete - Thanks for your message. I have silently been reading posts on PIA for sometime now and if we enjoy our new life in Adelaide as much as you seem to be, we won't be doing too bad for ourselves :D

Hi Mandy - Thanks for your message. I notice you haven't got long till you go :jiggy:Hope you have a safe journey and enjoy the great adventure. We'll definately be up for that drink when we arrive. Let us know how it goes :chatterbox:

Hi Helen & Siggi - Thanks for your message :) Congratulations again for yesterday!

Guest Lisa & Kevin

Hi Martin & Val - Thanks for your message :) and thank you so much for all the really useful information you have posted on PIA. It all helps makes the process alot easier, especially for the ones of us who haven't been before :D

Guest dibdobs

Hi Lisa,

It was great to meet up with you yesterday and to be able to share your visa excitment!

I am looking forward to getting our little boys together for a play in England before we go, but really excited about future play dates in OZ.

Hope to see you again soon. Deb x

Congratulations to you all & good luck with all the finalisations in the UK been here 4 1/2 months now & couldnt be happier safe journey & enjoy every minute with family & friends before you leave take care x