:) we have 2 west highland terrorist, there in Melbourne at the moment but arive here on the 20th at 1.30 pm, not tham im counting down the days.
I havnt seen them since november 08 and cant wait to have them running round and terrorising evrything again lol lol
Originally Posted by Kimbo
Ours are old girls at 7 and 4, both still act like puppies. We were quoted around the £2 - £2.5k mark a few months ago not including the jabs, etc. However this may drop due to the recession - apparently shipping costs are coming down so hopefully this will happen to air freight. We got our flights for £500 each flying from Scotland so airfares look to be dropping.
I'll keep you up to date with prices etc as it is something we have to get arranged pretty soon.
we are using PAR AIR and so far they have been fantastic in sending all the paperwork MEGA quick!, rachel has been brilliant in answering all my questions (even the daft questions only a doggie lover can ask! lol).
we have spent £3,300 but that's without quarantine costs and getting them from sydney to adelaide via jetpets, and that's for 2 staffies.
it was never a question of leaving them here, the only way that would have happened is if they were declared unwell/unfit to travel, we're lucky that we got the money together from the sale of the house (and believe me we really could have done with the extra money for when we are in adelaide!) ah well what would we do without our 2 drving us mad in our new home! lol
humans fly 30th march
doggies fly 14th april
Originally Posted by billm
Thanks very much for the info. Do you know when you're going?
We costed how much it would be for us to bring our beloved wee pug with us and all in it was just under £4000. That included pretty much everything and all quarantine and transport costs. There was no way that we were leaving him behind!
Unfortunately, we have now had to agree that he wont be able to live in the heat of australia He has no real way to control his body temperature and almost died on monday as he over heated...very scary and the vet has told us that it would be cruel to expose him to continued high temperatures. We knew that this was a health concern for the breed but we thought he would be different (daft i know!) He also has breathing problems sometimes and although the vet will certify him as ok to fly she has made it clear that this is not the best move for him. I am soooo upset by it all :(
However, we have been lucky enough that my mum and dad ADORE him and they will take great care of him. I dont think that staffies have the same health concerns so i hope that all goes smoothly for you and im very jealous that you get to take yours with you!