What research have you undertaken of the job market in South Australia outside of you

Guest Tiddlypush

Guest Tiddlypush

Hi all

Please some one help me with this one. As Im fairly confident of gaining employment as a midwife in Adelaide or if not a nurse and have researched and spoken to prospective employers, I was stumped when asked this question on SA sponsorship for 176. Appart from obvious couple of web adresses searchsa.com.au/VP_Jobs.asp

http://www.careerone.com.au/?from=adelaidenow

http://mycareer.com.au/

But im not really sure what else to put.

Thanks,

Karen

Guest Ellie
Hi all

Please some one help me with this one. As Im fairly confident of gaining employment as a midwife in Adelaide or if not a nurse and have researched and spoken to prospective employers, I was stumped when asked this question on SA sponsorship for 176. Appart from obvious couple of web adresses searchsa.com.au/VP_Jobs.asp

http://www.careerone.com.au/?from=adelaidenow

http://mycareer.com.au/

But im not really sure what else to put.

Thanks,

Karen

Hi Karen,

They like to see evidence rather than quotes. Log on to Career One and become a member. You will be sent an email confiming you are on a Job search website in OZ. Print it off and that's your first piece of evidence. Email a few Nursing agencies and send your CV if you can or ask them if you can send it. As soon as you get a reply print it off and you have some more evidence bearing an Oz email address ;). I had a paper from career one that my godmother sent me from adelaide. It had alot of nurse agencies and hospitals I will see if I still have it now and I will post some addresses.

Guest Tiddlypush

Thanks Ellie

I will register now, nothing is ever simple. Do they want me to look out side of nursing and midwifery as well though cos im not sure.

Karen

Guest Ellie
Thanks Ellie

I will register now, nothing is ever simple. Do they want me to look out side of nursing and midwifery as well though cos im not sure.

Karen

Max stated in the this question that he had not yet looked outside his nominated profession as his occupation is on the CSL and MODL it is the main reason for the visa application initially. As there is a demand for his occupation all research has so far been on his own trade. He also put that he thinks that opportunities do exsist for his trade but should he have to undertake a different trade to find work he was quite willing to do so.

However you are then asked 'why are you prepared to work outside your usual occupation' we thought this a bit contradictory of the first question. Max replied, If he could not find work then it is without doubt he would seek work doing something different. He then gave a few examples outside his trade that he would be capable of and had experience in and no evidence of this is required. You could maybe say the same type of thing and as an alternative mention Paramedics, childcare or something or care for the elderly as opposed to midwifery. Anything really that knowing your experiences you could take on board. He also mentioned he would happily retrain in further education in a different field. Our agent seemed happy with it anyway.