1 way Travel insurance for Migrants?

Guest Greg & Dani

Guest Greg & Dani

Hello again,

I have spent the past 2 days trying to figure out what travel insurance to get and where to get it from. People that you have travelled all the way already can you please help me. When ever i thought i found something i get told it's only for holiday cover and as a migrant you do not return to the UK but only wanna go 1 way.... arrrg. In short i'm looking for insurance that covers the 1 way flights, baggage, cash, health, hotel and any cancellation which are not forseeable. Can anyone please help?

Thanks alot for your patience. 12 days to deparure and counting...

Greg & Dani.

Guest the4hopes

We used Go walkabout, it was about £80, for 4 of us for about 5 days.

Make sure it is one way migrant insurance, otherwise if anything happens you will be taken back to the UK!!!!!

Guest Nick11
The Post Office does it but you can't do it online you have to call them.

Check the small print . Only covers you if you are returning to the uk. Plenty of people have been caught out on this one.

Guest sauvignon

Hi

Depending how much travelling you think you may do in Aus?Maybe worth looking at a yearly policy. I know this sounds expensive. But we are finding the travel insurance in Aus very expensive. But still have the rest of the year on the Uk policy to run. Which is now saving us money as we are planning a holiday.

Guest Greg & Dani

Thank you to everyone who answered. We looked into a few insurances, but "go walkabout" looks by far the best, so we will be using their services. Hope you are all well.

Dani. :-)

Guest jan&andy

Hi Greg & Dani,

We moved to Adelaide last September and used Post Office insurance. We are a family of four and had an annual worldwide travel policy with them which covered the journey and the first 14 days in Australia.

Jan