Where to stay upon arrival?

Guest JD97

Does anyone know of any good holiday homes that are suitable for 2 adults and 2 children for 2 weeks for us to go to upon arrival in Adelaide. It will need to be fairly local to CBD and have all amenities whilst we look for suitable rental accomadation and wait for container to arrive. Have been looking on line and everything seems to be au$250 per night for somewhere with 2 bedrooms! Which I think is quite pricey!!! Help!! TVM!

By the way this is not Jd97 (ickle kid, who has been addicted to this site for the past year) it's his Mum Julie:jiggy:!

Guest Guest75

Hiya Julie

There are alternatives,just hope they are not booked.

Have a look at Rentals in Oz - run by Tim who is the "Head Honcho"

A few of us have adverts there and post in here with furnished houses to let.

Enter in 5000 in the postcode and up to 50KMs.

Good luck.

:):)

Guest UzinOz

Hi Julie

When we arrived we stayed in Glenelg for 3 weeks in a 2 bedroom furnished flat, a bit like a holiday apartment and that suited us for the time while checking out rentals etc.

I can't remember what we paid but it was around $450 pw, this will depend on what time of year you arrive.

Glenelg is really central for transport to city and there's things to keep the kids occupied.

Have a look at this website http://www.baybeachfront.com.au/ we stayed in the bayswaterfront.

Good luck

Jackie

Guest sauvignon

Hi type in furnished rentals in Adelaide and you will get some replies for furnished short term rentals. You may be lucky getting along term rental,but maybe safer to book 3 weeks as can take longer than you think. (saying that we were lucky and secured the long term rental and short term before we left the Uk)The approx price is $600-$700 a week. But is is nice to have a good start. After leaving every one behind. Pm me if you need any more details and I will help if I can.

Guest Hongkongphooey

You haven't stated when you arrive. I recommend you look at holiday lets or even a caravan park that offers 'cabins', that would be fun for the children. (For a little while anyway)! I would also recommend you look at drivemycar.net.au if you find you have to be away from CBD and need a car, much cheaper than renting one! All the Georgie!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Julie - I was glad to see your post on here and read the answers. We're in the same position - got visa at end of January and now looking for somewhere to stay on arrival. It was meant to be last weekend's project, but I guess it'll now have to be this weekend's project. I too thought they seemed pricey, but then again being Scottish maybe I'm just a bit tight!!! There just seems so much to do! Our flights are booked for May 20th - what about you?

Guest sandar1

Check out the stayz site there are several rentals there that might suit you, we have had people stay for a couple of weeks at our place and they have been happy there. Several people will work with you on price just go to google and type in stayz australia and follow instructions for Adelaide. You are right to try to stay close to the CBD while you look for somewhere to live, buy a car etcetera, as the traffic can be quite horrible.

Enjoy Adelaide

Guest panther
Hi Julie - I was glad to see your post on here and read the answers. We're in the same position - got visa at end of January and now looking for somewhere to stay on arrival. It was meant to be last weekend's project, but I guess it'll now have to be this weekend's project. I too thought they seemed pricey, but then again being Scottish maybe I'm just a bit tight!!! There just seems so much to do! Our flights are booked for May 20th - what about you?

There are a number of people who do advertise from time to time on this site, that are not too pricey, we are full at the moment and cannot provide any accomodation, however if you check out Donna on this site she may have something a lot less than the $250.00 per night somepeople have mentioned.

All the best

Panther

Short Term fully furnished Accomodation in Marino

Guest sauvignon

Hi just remembered who we used,First step rentals,lovely clean modern home with 3 beds,near Marion so near the city and beach with internet. $700 a week

• 2 weeks later...