Financial Capacity

Guest veeba

Guest veeba

Hi,

I am applying for a SA sponsorship, i have come across this on the online application form.

Financial Capacity:

Financial Capacity Pro Forma (notarised by bank/legal/govt official)

I just wanted to know, that do i have to prove that i have these funds? if so, what kind of evidence are they asking for?

Thank you so much.

:unsure:

Hi

We too along the latest mortgage statement & copies of bank statements showing savings - you have to have $10000 in cash/savings certainly for 475 visa. The rest of ours was equity in our house, cars, motorbikes which we priced up ourselves - no evidence was required to prove the value of these.

Hope this helps & good luck with your application

Guest covfan71
Hi,

I am applying for a SA sponsorship, i have come across this on the online application form.

Financial Capacity:

I just wanted to know, that do i have to prove that i have these funds? if so, what kind of evidence are they asking for?

Thank you so much.

Hi, i have just had my sponsorship approved. I think you have to prove you have a minimum of $35k to take with you to Oz. I provided a copy of morgage statement and a letter from an estate agent who i had to get in to give me a valuation. I actually to the form in question though to the bank and they filled it in based on my savings. I think the more people going over the higher the minimum limit is. If you check out the website though it tells you.

Guest andrew_obrien

I just went to the bank got them toi put in how much cash i had and got them to stamp it then got a police officer to sign it and they accpted it with no questions

Hi,

Financial Capacity:

Thank you so much.

Hi

We completed the form and took it into the Nationwide. We explained that they were only witnessing our signature and they were happy to sign. Just had to take my bank card in to prove we had an account but didn't have to prove any funds and they didn't charge us.

Tracey

• 1 month later...
Guest team rennolds

Hi All

we are applying soon for SA sponsorship. we have around $6000 in savings plus cars which we will obviously sell before moving.

Do they take that into consideration or do we need to save $10,000 before applying? I know it's only £2000 ukp but dont want it to delay anything whilst we save?

Thanks

Mark

Guest covfan71
Hi All

we are applying soon for SA sponsorship. we have around $6000 in savings plus cars which we will obviously sell before moving.

Do they take that into consideration or do we need to save $10,000 before applying? I know it's only £2000 ukp but dont want it to delay anything whilst we save?

Thanks

Mark

$6000 is far from enough. I think you need near on $40000

Guest team rennolds

sorry i meant we had $6000 in cash right now, altogether we have over the $30,000 once we sell our house & car etc.

Mark

Hi All

Thanks

Mark

Hi

We have already received SA sponsorship & have now applied for the Visa. Up to now nobody has asked us to prove we have the funds available. Not sure if we will be asked in the future though.

Tracey

Guest team rennolds

Hi Tracey

Thanks for that.

Very confused now as definately is on all SA sponsored visa's. Maybe we should use your agent, they obviously know a trick or two!!

Has anyone else not completed this part of the sponsorship process?

Thanks

Mark

Guest brandyslad

You don't have to prove you have the funds, you simply fill in the form and then get it signed. When I filled ours in I took Parkers Guide valuations for the cars in and a house valuation but they didn't look at any of it, they just signed it. And I was never asked for any further info by SA. I counted the value of the cars even though they werent sold and I took the equity of the house too even though we are letting it out and then added on cash we had, which was not a massive amount.

You are basically telling them you have this and signing it so if you fall on hard times you can't sponge of the state, well thats what I make of it anyway!

Guest team rennolds

Just noticed you are from Tyrone, my wife is from Omagh.

Congrat's on getting your visa, have a safe flight.

Thanks

Mark

Guest brandyslad
Just noticed you are from Tyrone, my wife is from Omagh.

Congrat's on getting your visa, have a safe flight.

Thanks

Mark

Thanks. I used to work in the tech in Omagh, we are only 15 miles from it.

Good luck with the rest of the process, ask plenty of questions, this site is invaluable!

Lisa

Guest team rennolds

Hi All

Here is the reply from SA Govt about the financial capacity enquiry that I made.

Dear Applicant

The Financial capacity pro forma should include all assets/funds that you will have at your disposal for your living expenses when you migrate. Do not include funds that will be utilised for air fares, freight, insurance, etc. The amount gained through the sale of assets should be included in the Cash/Bank Savings.

Hope it helps

Thanks

Mark