Problems with medicals - help!

Guest TheTodds

Guest TheTodds

We are applying for a 475 visa, application lodged with DIAC on 31st May 2008 and have sent medicals police checks etc. We check the status on line every day and on 4th March, my medicals and my daughters came up as MET while my husbands still say outstanding and have done now for the past 2 weeks. We haven’t had a message to say something is missing or wrong – nothing. My agent is chasing and has heard nothing back. Has anyone experienced the same things and if so, what was the problem.

Very stressful times at the minute – still can’t tell anyone about our planned move in case we loose jobs so for now we are keeping low profile on here but hopefully once the house sale goes through we will be on here a lot more with an identity!

Thanks, Mrs T.

Hi Mrs T,

We are in the same situation as you. Our medicals were done on 20th February and received in Sydney on 9th March 2009. Mine and our children's say "finalised" but my husband's medicals are still outstanding. I am unsure what this means and am worried that something is wrong. Please let me know, if and when your status changes.

Has anybody got any experience of this - your answers would be appreicated.

Thanks

Alison x

Guest TheTodds

Hi Alison

Thanks for your reply. I wonder what's going on then. It does seem strange. I will let you know as soon as I hear something and vice versa!

Good luck.

Guest back clan

Same happened with me. my OH and daughter was met and mine said further checking required for three weeks. The case officer had asked for further self employment evidence from me and as soon as they received it meds were met and we got visas on 4th March. I was really worried though. lesley, Ian and Louise

Guest BAZnDAF

Don't worry about it, when they get the medicals some are straight forward, the medicals for one of my daughters was finalised the day that the recieved them, but the rest of the family are outstanding, the only difference is that she didn't have any blood tests. I think what happens is they update the website when they receive them then send off the ones that need more scrutiny, these are then returned and put back in the file, but no-one updates the site accordingly.

Its nothing to worry about.

We had a similar thing... all families medicals updated apart from mine. Got worried after a few weeks so agent checked, and was told all was fine and had been finalised, it was just that the system had not been updated. This was before christmas, and the system still says the same thing, so I don't think you can always rely 100% on what the status page is telling you. Try not to worry... easily said I know. I seem to go from worrying about one thing to worrying about the next!!

Julie

Guest TheTodds

Thank you all for your reassurance. It does make me feel better to know it has happended to others. Let's hope to hear something positive soon! Fingers crossed. :)