The final stretch! How long does it take after CO??

Guest bentkitty

Guest bentkitty

Well after a year of waiting we finally got our CO assigned last week, already sent out the PCC request and meds are taking place this weekend. Trying to get the visa before they decide they don't want any immigrants full stop!!

What are people's experience on how long it takes to get the visa, once the PCC & Meds have been sent in?

Thankfully we are still on the rapidly shrinking (!) CSL list (my heart goes out to those in the building trade who just got removed from the list yesterday). We have been waiting for so long now that I am really nervous that they will cut down further at the May budget round!!! Does the fact that we have had a CO assigned give us protection I wonder, if they took my profession of the CSL...

grateful for any ideas

Guest caoimhe

We were allocated a CO on 14th Feb 2008 and received our visa 1st July 2008. Our meds weren't sent off till end of April and then we were told we had to wait until the new financial year (July 1st 2008) as they had run out of visa's for 07-08. As we got ours 1st July (the new financial year) we believe this to be true.

The government cutting down on Visa's doesn't start until another financial year (1st July 2009) so if you have submitted yours and have a CO you should be ok as you should be allocated yours before end of June.

Good luck

Guest brandyslad

We are at the same stage. CO accessed our application on the 9th Feb, made contact on the 16th Feb asked for more info, which we have sent. Our meds were finalised on the 12th March and just waiting for him to get back in touch.

Guest brandyslad
Our timeline is the same as brandyslad... we are waiting for a 475 visa, Co requested additonal info 16th Feb, sent straight away, and now we wait AGAIN!!!!

Julie

How agonising is this?????!!!!!!! It has been made worse by them saying 475/176 will be allocated quickly as if I had of expected a few months wait I would have settled myself but now I am on eggs every day. I get my official redundancy date tomorrow which will be in May sometime so want to try and flights sorted etc to focus on something else rather than having to do two job searchs, one of here and then one for Oz!

What on earth takes so long, I was sure that when the 28 days we were given to get additional info passed it would ping up on their computer to look at it again ... not so!

Guest craigf

Hi,

When we submitted out Police checks on Saturday we emailed them to tell them we had done this and we had a reply to say that "all documents were now received, thank you for your patience we will contact you once a decision is made."

Craig wakes up during the night and checks his email and immi can't wait to get visa so we can get a decent nights sleep.

It's so exciting but scary at the same time.

We'll probably all get it at the same time ;)

Happy waiting

Amanda

Hi,

I think it really depends on who you get for your CO. We were told it only takes them a couple of hours to check your docs! Anyway, we were finally assigned our CO in Oct 08 and got our 475 visa a week later. We had already front loaded our medicals in Mar 08, which I think helps.

I'm sure thyour visa will come soon

All the best.

Guest Lisajonesey

Hi,

Yes, I do think it depends on who you get as your CO.

We had sent out medicals a month before we had the CO, so just need to get the Police checks done.. we sent them on Thursday evening.. and we had our visa on the FRIDAY! It was so fast.. and our feet haven't touched the ground since.

I really hope all of you waiting for your visa's to come through, get it soon!!

Its such a frustrating process.. do a bit.. wait a bit.. do a bit more.. it's nice to break the cycle and get literally get moving on things.

Keep us posted with your progress..!

Lisa.x

Guest fuji70

Hmph :sad:

My agent has only just sent off my Vetassess docs. I'm being told a decision could be here in 6 months, but I'm not convinced.

Meanwhile I'm on a week to week temping contract and month to month in my UK flat rental. I've got job offers overseas, but do I risk going and then coming back to get meds etc done??

Decisions, decisions.... :wacko:

Our Case Officer was assigned on 28th January 2009. Medicals were received in Sydney on 9th March. We are still waiting! How long does it take to process the paperwork? We are also having plenty of sleepless nights and checking emails twice daily. Hope the visa is granted soon, I am going out of my mind.

Alison x