Flights Booked 6th May

Guest andrew_obrien

Guest andrew_obrien

Hi all,

Well thats the flights booked 6th May LHR - ADL was so nervous about booking it hehe.

Main question is about Insurance.

Do you need Migrant travel Insurance as as far as i am aware that OZ and the UK have a reciprical medical services so all I need is abulance cover and dental insurance as everything else is covered by medicare?

Got a quote for 21 days insurance from Walkabout for £44 is this ok and why would i need it?

PS. i am emigrating on my own

Guest jimdundee

Nice one Andrew!! we are sooooo envious!!

Sorry, but i don't have any info regarding the insurance side, as my husband and I are still in the middle of sorting out our SA state sponsorship (seems like we'll never get there!!). I, like everyone reading your message, would like to wish you the very best for your future in Oz!!

Caz & Jas

Guest familygood

Hi Andrew,

Congrats on the flights!! Cant wait to do that...

We will get one way travel insurance because if something happenS mid air or on the stop over then you aren't covered and they also take you back to the UK which may not be the best thing!! If you aren't worried or are willing to take the risk then dont bother! I probably wouldn't - only we have a little one to think about.

Congrats again.