Visa nightmare!!!!

Guest Dave & Carole

Guest Dave & Carole

Well I wasn't going to post this as we don't won't anyone to think we were being foolish, but decided it was best to warn others so they avoid the mess we are in!:embarrassed:

We have used an agent to apply for out visa - foolishly we didn't gen up massively on the different visas as we knew what we had to apply for: a 475. We knew it was provisional/temporary but thought the final visa at the end became a 176. On a recent thread we saw::shocked:

One - the subclass 176 - is a permanent residency visa. The other (the 475) is a provisional (ie temporary) residency visa, that is intended to lead to p/r in due course - usually under subclass 887.

Penny droppped - oh S*!t what has happened. Looked back through our stuff and it turns out we have statesponsorship for a 475 but our visa application was lodged for a 176.

We've had a very sleepness night - early morning emails & phonecalls with our agent. She's admitted that she has made a major error - ticked the wrong button - neither she or us had picked up on it til now.

In fairness she has now presentred us with a whole varietty of options. Amazingly the light at the end of the tunnel is that we can continue with our application for a 176 ( getting WA sponsorship). We have no intention of staying in WA and want to be in Adelaide, but if this route gives us PR then long term obviously a better option than what our 475 would have offered . I'm just glad we've resolved this now - before a case officer got their hands on it!!!!!!!

AAAAGGHHHH!!!!!!!

Be warned - however good your agent - they are only human and we all make mistakes.

Hi, that is really upsetting. Can't you aplly for a 475 to Adelaide? They being processed really quickly at the moment as you can see on this site. Why not get SA sponship instead of WA?

Guest Dave & Carole

Hi Coral

I purposely didn't put the agents name in, as I said we are all human and we feel she is working above & beyond now to fix it (as you would expect). I didn't want to turn this into bad press for the agency as we know they have done successfull applications for others. If you are really concerned feel free to PM me.

Carole

Guest Dave & Carole
Hi, that is really upsetting. Can't you aplly for a 475 to Adelaide? They being processed really quickly at the moment as you can see on this site. Why not get SA sponship instead of WA?

Yes very upsetting yesterday/over night - now trying to be 'glass half full' people!

We could apply for 475 but would need to reapply for sponsorship as ours has now expired. So not necessarily quicker than continuing with this. Also we realise we won't have to stay in WA , so we've decided that in the long term a 176 would be better for us- both financially and just knowing we can stay for good.