Got our PR today

Guest VINDER

Guest VINDER

Hello everyone...

Wanted to share this with everyone because we have all been equally worried about the cut back on PR etc.

Well, we were on 457 and submitted an app for PR on the 19th of Jan. Got a CO and our agent here in Adelaide told us that we got one of the toughest one coz she is suppose to be very "particular" and picky about things.

1)We had to do the medical, which was done very thoroughly ( although we did one before being granted 457 before). OH had a reconstructive surgery done twice wowithin 3 monthson his knee and a hernia operation, so he was asked various details and as for the kneee, was made to bend his knee, squat and stand on one leg ..to see the endurance of the new knee cap etc.

2)police clearance etc and that was the tough part coz we stayed in US and Taiwan for more than a year each..But, from our experience it wasnt difficult. Sent a request with online form via registered post with a self add envelope to Taiwan and a finger printing done here for and posted to the FBI ( which cost us AUD99) and within 3 weeks of sending it out, got our results from Taiwan and USA via registered post too

3) Needed to proof that I can speak and understand English and was given a dateline to register for IELTS. The dateline given by the CO was 4 days from her request date, Registered and submitted the proof of reg etc. Exam is only on the 18th of April. Anyway, submitted a Uni of Cambridge English certificate which I did for my A-levels and she accepted that as proof of functional English. (Hence ,I need not wait for my IELTS results for the PR purpose)

4) Handed over the last bit of information to the agent yesterday noon and today evening got the call from the agent saying she has received an e-mail with all the details stating that we have been granted residency:jiggy:

The gist of all this

1) Please do not worry about your application coz I believe that as long as you provide all the needed documents etc and fulfill all the criteria...you will get your PR.

2) Its a series of boxes which the CO needs to tick based on each application ( our agent showed it to us) and each had a dateline beside it ( CO did that too). As long as all is done as per his/her request, there would not be a problem. Simply provide the CO with whatever details are required

So...good luck to everyone and I know it is scarry and daunting at times ( coz I felt that too most of the time) but as long as you know you have all the required information and fulfill each criteria, you will have your PR.

:D

Guest Django
Needed to prooof that I can speak and understand English

So how did you pass then??:P:biglaugh:

Good for you. You will now be entitled to some benefits which I'm sure will make a difference to you.

A great post to set a few worries to rest.

Pete

Guest Tina P

Hi,

Congratulations to you all.

Is 457 is a temporary business visa ?

We are on the SIR 495 but hope its as quick as your's when we apply in July 09.

Best wishes

Tina

Guest VINDER

Hello Tina... from what I know the 457 we had was an "Empoyer sponsored Bussines ( Long stay) Visa"... under the skilled workers temporary visa options..

I sure do hope yours will be as quick as ours too. Have a look at the list of documents etc required to change from your SIR 495 to PR and no harm in getting it in order now:))). That would make it much faster because thats where the waiting is, I believe. Good luck