• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Divorce and Emigration

Hi Lisa,

Many thanks for that & it is good to know that I am not the only person in this situation! Hope all works out for you & you soon receive your long awaited police checks!!

315 times
      Quote Originally Posted by motlyman View Post

As i,ve been down this road i feel i can shed some light.
      Firstly any statutory declarations are not worth the paper they are written on.
      I had one signed by my x giving me permission to take my/our then 9 yr old out of the country, and me thinking all was good only to find a solicitors letter sent to me telling me it had been revoked.
      With solicitors now involved it had to go to court for a judge to decide.
      He requested a social service councilers report which involved a meeting with me, then one with my x, then us together to discuss an outcome. Obviously there wasnt going to be an outcome due to the nature of the dispute. The next stage is the child being interviewed (in a child friendly way) to find out what the child wants and how they feel.
      This outcome of this meeting is passed on to the judge who then makes a decision on whats best for the child, not nessecery whether oz is good or not.
      This is when agreements come in to it like, how often visits are allowed and contact ect.
      All in all a damn expensive exercise where solicitors make heaps of money off your misery.
      The court order is mirrored over here too and the sad thing is, its not adheared to.
      But as long as the solicitors are happy with their rakings.
      Hope this helps a bit.

Can I just ask how it was revoked? I believed it was not impossible to revoke them but could be awkward as say in this case, you may have spent a lot of money on the emmigration process which your ex may have had to pay compensation and court costs.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Copyright 2006 - 2015 Australia Migration Forums