Flights out of UK.

Guest brandyslad

Guest brandyslad

I am just in the process of looking at flights, well I have actually looked at them for the last 3 or 4 months until the OH banned me as I was starting to obsess but now we have our visa we can actually go ahead and book!

We are N.Ireland so going to have to come over to the mainland to get flights unless we fly Dublin - Melbourne which is nearly £800 one way!

So the only direct route I can see is Heathrow - Adelaide. Am I correct in that there is only one direct option? Cathay Pacific is coming up with the best price.

We also looked at Glasgow - Melbourne but then we have the hassle of travelling some more when we get to Oz so would prefer to fly into Adelaide.

Guest Lisajonesey

Hello!

You can definately get your flights cheaper than that.

There's a migrant flight company.. there are threads on here.. I'll see if I can find the links, and they sound cheaper, and give you more baggage allowance (40kgs)

We didn't know about this though, so booked through BA.. and are stopping in Hong Kong for 4 days

Including the hotel and transfers in hong kong, ours cost £630 each (one way)

but bear in mind that does include the hotel too.

Are you flying out of Dublin? I'll have a look and see what I can find.

Lisa.

Guest brandyslad
Hello!

You can definately get your flights cheaper than that.

There's a migrant flight company.. there are threads on here.. I'll see if I can find the links, and they sound cheaper, and give you more baggage allowance (40kgs)

We didn't know about this though, so booked through BA.. and are stopping in Hong Kong for 4 days

Including the hotel and transfers in hong kong, ours cost £630 each (one way)

but bear in mind that does include the hotel too.

Are you flying out of Dublin? I'll have a look and see what I can find.

Lisa.

Hi there,

Well, the best option seems to be fly over from Belfast to Heathrow with Aer Lingus, then take the 10:35pm flight out of Heathrow to Adelaide. The flights are £387 one way. And at the minute the Aer Lingus flights are about £20.

Dublin would be handier but I think it is only Ethiad who fly direct to Melbourne, none of them seem to go to Adelaide.

Let me know if you find any other options, I thought £387 was quite good, what do you think? but it is a bit hassley having to get to Heathrow first but there is only the two of us, no small people to tow about!! LOL

Singapore Airlines, Malaysian Airlines, and Cathay Pacific all fly direct to Adelaide from Heathrow - possibly there are others too! Singapore airlines have a short break of the flight in Singapore (a good option as the airport is brilliantly set up for transit passengers - even has a rooftop pool you can have a swim in), Malaysian go via Kuala Lumpur, and I guess Cathay go via Hong Kong. Worth checking with someone like Travelbag in the UK before booking, or there used to be a good agent called Lees Travel http://www.leestravel.com/holiday/ that did good deals - even betetr than booking with the airline direct when we did it!

Alternatively you could fly someone like Virgin, BA or Qantas into Sydney, or someone like Emirates into Perth. Worth looking around at all the deals. Airlines for internal flights within Oz are http://www.virginblue.com, http://www.jetstar.com and http://www.tigerairways.com.au

Diane

Guest Lisajonesey

387 is really good!!

Did you find the migrant flight thing??

I've checked a few flights and you've definately got the best deal. I couldn't find any direct flights either.

If you need a pit stop on the way out, we live in Reading, and it takes 45 mins to get to Heathrow from here, so you're welcome to have a stop over en route...

(although our house is fairly empty as we've already shipped our stuff! - but we have furniture, and it's clean and warm...)

Guest brandyslad
387 is really good!!

Did you find the migrant flight thing??

I've checked a few flights and you've definately got the best deal. I couldn't find any direct flights either.

If you need a pit stop on the way out, we live in Reading, and it takes 45 mins to get to Heathrow from here, so you're welcome to have a stop over en route...

(although our house is fairly empty as we've already shipped our stuff! - but we have furniture, and it's clean and warm...)

Thank you very much! Cheers for looking, the choice is defintely limited out of Ireland.

Booked yesterday fly out of Belfast at 17:20, arrive into Heathrow at 18:35 then our flight goes at 22:35. Our Aer Lingus flights were only £25 each including their massive baggae charge. Then I sent away the OAA form and they acknowledged in this morning so all go.

Now all I have to do is work how to 500kg of clothes narrowed down to the 20kg I am allowed to take!

I have a brother in law who comes from Reading, well his parents live out at Spencers Wood, beside Lenny Henry, unless him and Dawn have moved on in the last few years!! LOL

Guest back clan

We found the cheapest at the mo is Cathay. We got it £1200 through dial a flight for three of us and have booked for Sept 1st. Most other airlines were coming up at £1700. There is a 6 hr wait at Hong Kong. Weve decided to stay over a couple of days because I know that I'll be sitting at the airport thinking we should have had a look round Hong Kong.

Guest Andrew&Ren

We have booked with Singapore airlines from Heathrow. They were £1150 for the two of us with a 3 day stop in S'pore. You get the double baggage allowance with them too!

We did our research and S'pore airlines seemed to be the most recommended.

Good luck!

Guest caoimhe

Now all I have to do is work how to 500kg of clothes narrowed down to the 20kg I am allowed to take!

Don't know about Aer Lingus but those *******s at BMI charged us £270 on our luggage from Belfast to Heathrow and we only paid £300 for the 6 seats so be careful.

Guest caoimhe
We have booked with Singapore airlines from Heathrow. They were £1150 for the two of us with a 3 day stop in S'pore. You get the double baggage allowance with them too!

We did our research and S'pore airlines seemed to be the most recommended.

Good luck!

Apparently the double bagagge is only if you have a permanent visa, but we were over and they never charged us anything even though ours was a temp visa