175 to 176

Guest Taylors08

Guest Taylors08

Can anyone help we aplied for a 175 visa on the 1st Aug 08 and after the current changes of the CSL list we have decided to try for a 176.

My OH is a plumber, we are looking to go to SA for sponsorship if this is possible?

What i am stuck on is who can we get to sign the Declaration of financial capacity form, it says Notary Public or Justice of the peace.

Any help who be gratefully received.

Thank you

Kelly

Can anyone help we aplied for a 175 visa on the 1st Aug 08 and after the current changes of the CSL list we have decided to try for a 176.

My OH is a plumber, we are looking to go to SA for sponsorship if this is possible?

What i am stuck on is who can we get to sign the Declaration of financial capacity form, it says Notary Public or Justice of the peace.

Any help who be gratefully received.

Thank you

Kelly

Hi Kelly

We took our form into the Nationwide (I have a current account & my oh has an ISA with them) and they were happy to sign the form without charging. I explained that I needed the form signing by a bank official and that it wasn't necessary for me to prove I had the funds just for them to witness that we had signed the form. If you have an account at Barclays they will sign the form free of charge. Abbey refused to sign the form saying that they don't offer that kind of service to its customers (even though we have 3 accounts with them and have banked with them for years).

Good luck

Tracey

Guest Taylors08

Thanks for your reply Tracey

We bank with the Halifax so we'll have to try there. Can i ask, is all your money savings? Just we have savings and a house with equity that we are putting down, and i hope it wont be a problem with it not sold.

Also i se you applied for sponsorship on the 27th Feb, Have you heard anything back yet??

Kelly

We bank with the Halifax so we'll have to try there. Can i ask, is all your money savings? Just we have savings and a house with equity that we are putting down, and i hope it wont be a problem with it not sold.

Also i se you applied for sponsorship on the 27th Feb, Have you heard anything back yet??

Kelly

Hi Kelly

We only have around £3k in Nationwide & also a house to sell (which isn't on the market yet & is mortgaged with Abbey). It wouldn't have mattered if we didn't have any funds as Nationwide were only witnessing us signing the document. We didn't have to prove we had the money just took bank card/book & passports in with us to prove we banked there. There was also a quote on PIO that said Nationwide signed their form and didn't even ask if they had a bank account, they just took passports and form and asked them to witness them signing it, so it may be worth a try.

Still not heard about SA sponsorship and keep checking online. They received the written info on 11 March but on the tracking system it says it can take 6 - 8 weeks from receipt. If you look on the main pages it says the new processing time is within 4 weeks so will hopefully hear any day now.

Tracey

Kelly

Hi Kelly

Just an update - heard today we have got SA sponsorship so have submitted applicaion for visa. Fingers crossed now that it wont take too long.

Tracey

Guest Denise Casey

Hi,

A Solicitor or a Justice of the Peace, or Peace Commissioner OR EVEN A CHEMIST for example could certify your Declaration of financial capacity form. Hope this information helps.

Regards,

Denise

Guest Taylors08
Hi Kelly

Just an update - heard today we have got SA sponsorship so have submitted applicaion for visa. Fingers crossed now that it wont take too long.

Tracey

Oh Congratulations Tracy..

Shouldnt be long now, you going on a 176?

I hate the waiting!!

Oh Congratulations Tracy..

Shouldnt be long now, you going on a 176?

I hate the waiting!!

Hi

Yes we are going on the permanent sponsored visa. Agent said it shouldn't take too long although I am starting to worry a bit now as the house isn't even on the market.

Tracey

Can anyone help with this question?

What research have you undertaken of the job market in your proposed sponsoring state outside of your nominated occupation?

I have no idea what they are asking for!

Can anyone help?

Thanks Rob and Mel

Hi

My oh is a bricklayer so we just put down that we had looked on websites (& listed them) in that area as well as blockpaving, flagging, driving heavy plant etc. We also said we were members of PIA which gave us valuable information on the work situation in Adelaide & that there were sometimes advertisements for brickies.

Tracey

Guest Denise Casey

What research have you undertaken of the job market in your proposed sponsoring state outside of your nominated occupation?

Can anyone help?

Thanks Rob and Mel

Hi Rob and Mel,

Your answer could be: We have researched the job market on the Internet and we check the local paper over the Internet regularly.

Regards,

Denise

• 1 month later...
Guest Taylors08
Hi Kelly

Tracey

Hi Tracey,

We got sponsorship on the 14th May and confirmation off the DIAC on the 15th saying they had received it.

I notice you got a CO at the begining of May, any news? And i thought it was suppose to take 10 days to get a case officer..

Kelly

x

Hi Tracey,

We got sponsorship on the 14th May and confirmation off the DIAC on the 15th saying they had received it.

I notice you got a CO at the begining of May, any news? And i thought it was suppose to take 10 days to get a case officer..

Kelly

x

Hi Kelly

Congratulations. We were contacted by our agent a couple of weeks ago and asked to have the medicals & police checks done. We've been given until 11 July to have booked them so it is quite a long timeline. Looks like I'll be booking them tomorrow for around 9 June, couldn't believe that I can save around £85 by going to the centre in Huddersfield instead of Manchester and it's only about 10 minutes further.

Tracey

Guest WoodMartin

Can anyone help?

Thanks Rob and Mel

Hi there

We put information about the websites we'd looked at for vacancies, the qualifications I would need to gain (and how I had a UK equivalent already).

HTH.

Ali