Hats, Coats, Gloves????

Guest Lulujim

Guest Lulujim

Hi all,

We are arriving in Adelaide on 24th April and our container isn't due to arrive and clear customs until mid July....... so I was wondering what we need to pack in the way of winter coats etc...:confused:

Whenever I have been to Australia (April/May in NSW and Oct/Nov in SA) I have been surprised at how cold it can get, and with 2 littleys, want to make sure they're warm enough!

So any advice on whether I should take winter coats, gloves, hats etc in our suitcases to tide us over until the container arrives would be very much appreicated,

Many thanks in advance,

Alexis

Depends how much you feel the cold! When we arrived in August, it was about 16 degrees - felt like a summer day to us so we were walking around in shorts and t-shirts, while the locals had coats, scarves and gloves on!

Now our blood has thinned, today was about 21 degrees and I had my gloves on (and a t-shirt!)

April is like September in the UK - you can get lovely days (forecast for Good Friday for instance this week is 29 degrees), or cooler days (like today and yesterday) - and the evenings are quite cool too.

Don't bother with the fur coat, but I'd throw a couple of pairs of gloves, some warm slippers, and a woolie or two in the case if you have room!

Diane

Can't believe how much the weather has changed in a week, it must be Autum, it was in the 30's last week and today it hardly reached 20's I've got my old fleese out my daughter this morning went to school with shorts on with her sweater gloves and scarf on as well, go figure....

Julie

Guest lippy

We arrived this time last year and didn't bring any winter coats - wish we had! The temperatures were in the 20s by mid morning and we didn't really feel/notice the cold - different story this year though!!

I would pack the coats at least.

Julie

Guest Lulujim

Thanks all so much for the advice. :notworthy:

So that's definite then - we'll be packing coats at the very least! And will just hope we don't have to wear them much!! x