Bad new for me

Guest Max_vn

Guest Max_vn

Today I receive the refuse of Immigration SA for my sponsor. I apply for visa 475 because I only get IELTS 5.5. This is their reason for refusal:

Refused. No meaningful CV outlining work experience, employment, etc included - incomplete documentation.

But at this time,

The Concessional English Program has been temporarily suspended while this program is under review. This means that this concession will not be available and Immigration SA will not be accepting sponsorships under this provision until further notice. Any changes or updates will be published on this website. All applications submitted on-line before 1 April 2009 will continue to be processed under this provision.

Note that applications that have already been submitted on-line and supporting documents received by Immigration SA before 31 May 2009 will continue to be processed.

So now can I apply again for Concessional English Program? I dont understand exactly what they said?

Guest Nick11

I read in the paper yesterday that sa is only going to sponser people who get over a certain score in their IELTS test . From what I can remember I think they were asking for over 8 .

Not sure, but definately they have raised the barrier considerably.

Guest BAZnDAF

Sorry to hear that. :(

I have no idea what the 'The Concessional English Program' is, however they have stated that it is suspended which means the answer to your question would be no.

From the reason for refusal it would appear to them that you have no work experience, or at least not enough experience. I have to assume you are not using an agent as they would have pointed this out to you in the begining. I personally think you should contact an agent before doing anything else and find out what your options are.

Barry

Guest Max_vn

No, I used an agent and he adviced me everythings. I asked him about my sponsor refusal and he said that he was very surprised about this. He will intervene with the Immigration SA and give me the answer as soon as possible. But in his mind, he asserts that nothing wrong with my application:arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh:

Guest covfan71
You do have to get an average of 8 in the IELTS test, this is the acceptable level for SA Sponsorship. They have to draw the line somewhere or there would be no point in taking the test.

what is the average required fo the Visa then? Is it still 7??

Hi Max, sorry to hear that, but your agent should have told you what mark you needed to pass the test. You should be able to repeat the test and get better marks. Can you apply again for the SA sponsorship? Offer as much information as you can.

There is a CD and book you can buy to know what to expect from the test, if you go on the http://www.ielts.org/candidates/find_out_more/ielts_practice_materials.aspx

Good luck.

what is the average required fo the Visa then? Is it still 7??

Oh dear, sorry its actually 7, I got it wrong. Its 7 to pass the test which then enables you to apply for the sponsorship and the visa. I thought it was 8 but I checked today. Hope I didnt stress anyone out there.:embarrassed:

Guest Nick11
Oh dear, sorry its actually 7, I got it wrong. Its 7 to pass the test which then enables you to apply for the sponsorship and the visa. I thought it was 8 but I checked today. Hope I didnt stress anyone out there.:embarrassed:

The adelaide advertiser said for sa sponsership the government were raising it an almost perfect score.

Guest sandar1

I agree it's as clear as mud really isn't it. My thoughts are that they have your application but because a CV was not with it then it was incomplete, maybe resubmit it with your CV and see what happens, cannot see that it will make any difference if you can't apply until later, but if it means that you were just missing one piece of your application then they may still accept it.

Let us all know how you get on.

Guest soggy
The adelaide advertiser said for sa sponsership the government were raising it an almost perfect score.

There will be many native English speakers who struggle to get 7 in all four areas.

Simon

Guest Max_vn

My agent called me this morning and said he had contacted with SA Governement. I only have to rewrite my CV clearer and more detail. The SA Immigration will continue process my application as usual.

Thx God;

Guest Nick11
There will be many native English speakers who struggle to get 7 in all four areas.

Simon

Yeah completely agree.

Will be interesting to see what happens in the future.

Guest brandyslad
My agent called me this morning and said he had contacted with SA Governement. I only have to rewrite my CV clearer and more detail. The SA Immigration will continue process my application as usual.

Thx God;

My CV for sponsorship was 8 pages long, put as much info in as you can and under each organisation you have worked for, a one line description of what they do, as chances are they haven't heard of them.

Guest covfan71
My CV for sponsorship was 8 pages long, put as much info in as you can and under each organisation you have worked for, a one line description of what they do, as chances are they haven't heard of them.

Each case is clearly unique as my CV was only 2 pages long and i had no problem. I haven't even done my IELTS yet for the extra points. You just have to show them how committed you are, i.e job hunting, research etc

Guest covfan71
Is the 7 for the 'The Concessional English Program' or does it also apply to UK passport holders? applying for the 475 visa?

It depends how many points you have. Don't be fooled by thinking that just because you have a UK passport you won't need to do the test. Your passport will only give you 15 points whereas the IELTS can give you 25. Again, you may have enough points anyway

Guest sandar1

I am so sorry you are having such a tough time. For what it is worth I went through the same to get greencards for us all in the US in the end the only way way for us to get the same was using an agent, and she was amazing great Irish woman. Then 911 hit and we came back here so just a waste of time, it took us nearly 10 years to get the green cards and heaps of money. I am sure that it is all going to work out for you and hopefully look forward to meeting with you all on your arrival. Keep up the good work, and thanks to Tm and all for the site that keeps us all in touch, happy easter who knows hopefully by next year you will be here collecting the eggs.

Sandra D

Hi

Jason faile his IELTS in October last year and then the score had to be 7. We also failed on the first application for state sponsorship and we did not have a clear reason why so contacted our agent who said not to worry - that was easy for him to say. He contacted them and then we heard that it had been put through again and passed. I would say as some people have already said have aowrd with your agent and see what he can suggest / do. That is what you are forking the money out to him for.

Good Luck

Simon

Totally disagree! The IELTS is very straightforward so long as you practice and know what to expect. My husband got an overall 9 (two 9's and two 8.5's) and he is not the best at these sort of tests. He got a D in English at school for example. If you are a native English speaker then there is no reason for you to do badly in IELTS as long as you apply yourself and practice.

I agree that for non english speakers it will be tough - but that is the whole point isn't it? :confused:

Question..............

What is the IELTS test? Is it an English language test???

IELTS consists of 4 modules - reading, writing, listening and speaking. In the reading section you read a passage and then answer questions about it. In the writing section you are required to write 2 pieces - i.e. a letter and a short essay. In these you will need accurate grammar and spelling. In the listening you will listen to a recorded conversation and write the answers - in my mind this is the most tricky as you are not given time to answer each question - you do it as the recording goes on and if you lose track then you will come unstuck. The speaking involves a 15 min slot with an examiner who will ask you questions and you answer. The key is to be elaborate - if they ask you what your name is, you don't just say 'Jo'. You would say 'My name is Joanne. My friends call me Jo'. And if they ask about your family, they want you to describe them, not just say their names etc. But this is all detailed in the revision books available.

Jo xxxx